+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: last chance saloon again

last chance saloon again

The Leeds game has to be the last chance saloon for Gary bowyer
    win and he has bought himself at least a month or 2
    anything else and I think he is gone
    Charlton at home I think was a similar scenario and we ended up battering them
    let's hope for some more of the same.

re: last chance saloon again

I seriously doubt it. Venkys stood by Kean forever, which was a slow decline. Then they were persuaded to be trigger happy and that cost them millions in payouts to managers that managed a fast decline. I think they will take Dolly Partons advice and stand by their man.

Personally I feel we are playing well at the moment but how long do you put up with poor results?
    2 wins in 13
    That is poor stuff and league 1 will appeal to venkys as much as a kfc bargain bucket.

What makes you think that Venkys remember they own a football club RR?

This is very true
    Nobody likes losing money though even the completely stupid

Seen it a million times before, sides playing well but not getting results. Sooner or later confidence goes and before you know it, your playing like a side that belongs at the bottom..

Change is needed..

He needs to go and get a more experienced man in . I feel sorry for Bowyer as you can see how much the club means to him and how much he hates what has happend to it . But we still come back to the same old question , who do we get in ? I don`t fancy Sherwood .

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    He needs to go and get a more experienced man in . I feel sorry for Bowyer as you can see how much the club means to him and how much he hates what has happend to it . But we still come back to the same old question , who do we get in ? I don`t fancy Sherwood .
    Me neither, another development coach promoted beyond his abilities..

Just too inexperienced , thats all . We need a Neil Warnock or Nigel Peason type , but I don`t see it happening .

There are so many threads, it's hard to know which one to reply on.
    I thought both teams played well, although in very different roles. I can't believe we didn't convert at least one of those chances, but that has been a repeated theme.
    Is that Bowyer's fault? I don't really see how it can be, because he is responsible for the formation and style, but not the finishing. (Except to those, of course, for whom refereeing mistakes and shots against the post are down to the manager!)
    On statistics alone, the case for him to go is obvious, but we have actually played well over the last month or so (even for most of the MKD game, by all accounts). It now becomes a question of guesswork. JR/Saxo is arguing that enough is enough, but I tend to agree with Robin that the timing is wrong because almost everyone agrees that our general play has improved dramatically in recent weeks. If we add that to some rough refereeing decisions and sheer bad luck in the early games, I feel there is still a c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)