+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No shots on target,,,,,,

No shots on target,,,,,,

sorry lads, but no shots on target equals no goals,however quite a good game.

re: No shots on target,,,,,,

They've been completely off the mark in more ways than one since the beginning of the season unfortunately

For an attacking manager I am a little surprised that Ferguson is addressing the defence first. Our defence has usually been the only reasonable part of the team. By my reckoning, this season in league one, we have had 150 shots, with only 46 on target, and just 11 in the net. Tyson has been badly missed, Andy Williams has got nowhere and only Keshi Anderson has given us any hope, and now has been sorely missed in the last 2 games. Dickov constantly criticised the team for playing as individuals instead of as a team. That's because everyone was taking wild shots instead of getting the ball to the strikers. Unless the midfield get the ball to Williams how can he score? At Swindon the midfield must have got the ball to Williams for him to score so many. Wild shots are a waste.

No we don't have any goalscorers, but we're also letting in a lot of goals (particularly early on). I'm all for attacking football, but I would have thought the first priority at the moment is to get out of the relegation zone; and if the other team doesn't score, you either draw or win, something we've not been doing very often so far this season....