+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fortress Palmerston?

Fortress Palmerston?

I have been a regular reader of the site for a number of years but never a contributor, it has always been a good way to keep up with fan opinion on matches/players since moving away from Dumfries.

On Saturday I was 'lucky' enough to have the spare time for what is a rare trip home to Dumfries and Queens were at home on the same weekend. Crowd wasn't big but that seems to be a consistent issue these days, the team came out, a little bit of clapping and then what? Nothing, absolutely nothing from the crowd. I have been to funerals with better atmosphere's in the first 10 minutes! We went a goal up and I thought that things might pick up but no, nothing.

The players, the management, the board are always blamed for defeats but we the fans are completely innocent? Hell no! Imagine being a player, putting on the Queens shirt and coming out to a stadium where there is no noise whatsoever, it would not motivate me to fight hard for the win. I know we are not a big team with a large supp

re: Fortress Palmerston?

Those you over stepped the mark last season were quite rightly banned but unfortunately the rest have been scared away by over the top policing & stewarding . Wish the authorities just let the lads enjoy themselves , make some much needed noise and create an atmosphere .
    It's been dreadful this season and as you say it might be rubbing off on the players .
    Queens need a plan of action here

Nobody is stopping you singing, don't wait for others to start.

There doesn't appear to be any singing at the moment at home games in particular. There is usually more singing at away games. I haven't heard "We may travel by the railway line" recently.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)