+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steering Group Meeting

Steering Group Meeting

The club arranged a Steering group this week with fans of all ages, from all backgrounds. There's a thread on Owlstalk about it but here's FlyingOwl's post which sums it up nicely:

The main topic of conversation was tickets & getting people into Hillsborough, season ticket sales are up but ticket sales aren't reaching what they may have hoped. However, the general consensus was that ticket prices just weren't the issue keeping fans away.

The bad press received after the ticket categories were released put a dampener on everything. The club understands that but wants to underline that, apart from the Bristol game perhaps, prices have been spot on in their eyes as well as everyone else in attendance. What they want to know, and I'll put it to you now, is what is keeping the fans away? What do you want to see to bring you back? It's £20 a ticket vs Brighton....you can't ask for much better.

So that's my question to you & what I want to feedback. Genuinely, what do you want to s

re: Steering Group Meeting

owls-mad was also represented at the meeting - flyingowl's summary is a good one.

The main area of focus on this initial meeting was the ticket pricing and attracting fans such as those that attended the *bleep*nal game back to Hillsborough on a regular basis.

The prices for the next 2 matches are very well priced and not reflective at all of much of the bad press and forum talk that justifiably in my opinion followed the initial release of the price categories at the start of the season.

The football on offer on the pitch from our team is as far removed from most of what we have seen in the past few years as anyone could imagine. The strides we have made under CC cannot be understated and while we won't win every game we do now have a clear, positive way of playing, a system that the players have all bought into - one in which we try to win games with attractive energetic football as opposed to playing not to lose, attritional football that had previously been the case.

Th

re: Steering Group Meeting

Thank you for this information Gentlemen. It makes very interesting reading. I'm encouraged by the Club's open approach to its core fans. Hillsborough is a far happier place now than it has been in recent times. Firstly thanks to MM for rescuing the Club and now to DC who is trying to seriously progress things. FYA, owlsmadadmin. I hope this forum can become a useful avenue to provide helpful feedback to our beloved Club. WAWAW & UTO !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)