+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fans Rep"

"Fans Rep"

"I had a nice cosy chat with John Nixon during which I managed to agree with everything he said. Following the meeting I decided to completely ignore the opinions of the supporters (some of whom actually believe I intend to represent them) and vote in the way John has instructed me to vote in the upcoming board meeting.

Furthermore, in the spirit of "openness" I'll publish an article in the programme and on social media which regurgitates information which is already in the public domain, tells supporters precisely nothing new and does not explain the need for confidentiality in the slightest. However, I will stress what a lovely meeting it was with John and how "financial gain" is not a motive."

Fans rep? No. Spineless puppet for Jenkins & Nixon? Yes.

Still to see anything meaningful to result from this appointment other than a whole bunch of superficiality, apologism and blatant brown-nosery.

re: "Fans Rep"

And better paper in the bogs maybe. This was never meant to be, and never will be, a meaningful position or appointment. Anyone who asks meaningful questions, or challenges the board in any way, will be shown the door. Then we'll be told that the appointee broke a confidentillity agreement or summat. I'm underwhelmed really.

re:

For reference here's what Claire said in her programme notes regarding Blue Yonder:

Hello!

Like you, my knowledge of Blue Yonder was either what the Club has released, what I've read in the the press or rumour. At the last board meeting, we were informed that the developers had requested a further period for the Non-Disclosure Agreement and the Lock-Out Agreement and I was worried that I would be expected to agree to something that is a controversial issue for many fans without having the information to make an informed decision. So, in preparation for the next board meeting for the 1921 operational board, I asked to speak to John Nixon.

I'd been hoping for an opportunity early on in my time as fan representative to request a meeting with John and this gave me that.

I have no idea how developers work and the legalities behind it. I sit in the camp that doesn't see a move away from Brunton Park as being disastrous for us, which I know is not everyone's opinion and I think b

Well, a couple of questions I would have asked:

Where did the money from the two Wembley appearances go if Blue Yonder was shelved? Which bits of Brunton Park was the money spent on?

Where does the club expect to be at the end of this further 12 months? Extensions are for a purpose; we're not waiting for Godot are we?

re:

Griff - Email/tweet these to Claire.

Here's a link to her update article from the N&S on Saturday: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3z6Bie8vpIa0RrVEd3ZnZ1dzQ/view?pli=1 - view external link

I was just making a point Ceebs. She had hundreds of questions but seemed to sit and do a lot of listening for over an hour. I'm not demeaning the lady; she's on a steep learning curve, but I've yet to see any signs of her representing the fans. She makes it clear on the other board that she can't directly engage with the whole fanbase to give an accurate representation of the consensus of their views so she goes with her own. And she's in favour of a move from Brunton Park so what you've quoted is to be expected, though moving may not be what the majority of the fanbase want.

Re-read what Piglet said.

I was simply asked to post them on here by Claire, as she knew I used to post on here and she was having issues signing up. I'm not fussed what Piglet thinks or has said, and I've actually not posted any comment on what he has said or posted regarding this... so no need to re-read his post! Go well.

Sounds like you're acting as a spineless puppet for the spineless puppet.

Claire - if you're still having problems signing up get in touch. Were you on before?

lostinhallatrow@gmail.com

Dear Fan Rep: Has there been any discussion of moving the team to another city? I have heard rumors, the London supporters branch has been pushing this agenda. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Thank you for your good work.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)