+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Singalong Saturday

re: Singalong Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Supablue
    Are we having a singalong this Saturday, might just have enough for a barbershop quartet.
    Unless the club come out publicly and reassure the fans they'll be welcome and intimidation free then there'll be no more atmosphere this season IMO

Come on Queens , let's be hearing you !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "arrol1919". [/quote

The way I saw & heard it was some fans were booing those who were booing the Queens players . It's not really something I do as I'd rather encourage than discourage players but you can't blame some for showing their frustration . They pay their money like yourself and are entitled to an opinion .
    Let's be honest though , the football on show this season has been pretty dreadful . You can perhaps expect more boos next week if things do go our way . Get used to it buddy
    The point I was trying to make in my earlier post was that it is a bit hypocritical to say that Queens had a great vocal support at Morton yet a lot of the booing, etc, appeared to be coming from the same section.
    You don't need to tell me that supporting Queens and frus

The fans have been treated very badly this season . It's one PR disaster after another , the Hall of Fame BALL disaster , the Boxing Day fixture moved to an international weekend , that segregation gate between stand & terrace and the intimadition of some fans by the authorities .
    Please for the sake of the fans & the club can you sort things out.

Thanks

Still surprised the club haven't made any sort of official statement regarding this and the other situations mentioned on this thread .
    We need a rallying call from the board of directors and all the situations addressed ASAP

hmmm maybe it could be a case of getting someone along to stand next to the fans to witness the actions of the police like what happened a few years ago up at dundee when the queens fans were getting unjust treatment from the dundee police and stewards ,russell brown came along and walked over to them and got them to explain themselfs ,at the time it did the trick as next time up at dundee it was alot better ,maybe something along those lines needs to be addressed at palmy .

Thanks to the Anti singing brigade (AS the Portland Drive terracing was like a morgue for the Falkirk game - Their job done the ASB moved towards the well behaved Falkirk support who were singing away merrily - They then stood either side of the singers and as the game moved on the singing gradually was stifled - What exactly are these spoil sports trying to achieve - If Queens don't address this problem shortly the atmosphere at Palmy will soon be like a dentist's waiting room - Come on Queens sort it out !

Actually Shanty even without the young team I was delighted that as Queens got tore into the Bairns in the second half
    the fans in the Portland Road terracing blasted out (albeit briefly) the Railway Line and We are the Queen of - the Queen of the South - were you actually on the terracing or in the main stand ! ? - or are you getting a wee bit hard of hearing auld yin.

Stood on the terrace yesterday and it was indeed very quiet . It seems they've been scared away again . This is a very worrying time for the club as yesterday's home support was very poor yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    Actually Shanty even without the young team I was delighted that as Queens got tore into the Bairns in the second half
    the fans in the Portland Road terracing blasted out (albeit briefly) the Railway Line and We are the Queen of - the Queen of the South - were you actually on the terracing or in the main stand ! ? - or are you getting a wee bit hard of hearing auld yin.
    If you read my post I said the ASB moved to the Bairns support after they had discouraged the singers in the Portland Drive end. Any strains of the Railway Song were barely heard from my vantage point in the Man Stand.

The Railway Line and We are the Queen the Queen of the South were defo sang - maybe briefly by the few 100 that bothered to
    turn up on the terracing but it was still great to hear them sang and the fans getting behind the team for what in my opinion was
    the best 45 minutes play of this pretty disappointing season.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)