+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will it go wrong again?

Will it go wrong again?

Two major reasons why we have had such a great run of results are Tom Hopper's ability to hold the ball up and bring others into the game in forward positions and Murray Wallace's excellent form at the back. Losing Wallace means we have to revert to a right footed centre back playing on the left which has caused us no end of trouble no matter who we put in there.

I've enjoyed the ride of late but have serious doubts as to whether it will continue given the above. I hope the replacements prove me wrong.

re: Will it go wrong again?

I think we should stay positive, perhaps it is only because of the FA cup restrictions that Wallace and Lolly have returned to their parent club. Will they be coming back? You can never be sure in football.

Canavan should not be in the first 11, he has only just returned to full training. Goode would be my choice as a partner for Mirfin at centre back. Would like to see Williams get a start, perhaps he can be the man to deliver the ball from midfield to our striker (s).

Believe, UTI.

Staying positive and believing don't come naturally to a long standing Iron supporter.

However, the return of Williams, the extra cover the defence receives with King moved to a defensive midfield position plus Daniels looking more confident are all positives for the future. Time will tell.

There could be more to our two loanees returning to Hudds than meets the eye, could it be anything to do with them sacking their manager? Surely under those circumstances??

The new guy might want to send them back out again, and we couldn't have used them this weekend anyways..

I would think it was because of the pending change of manager. Their new manager will no doubt want to have a look at them before deciding whether to send them out again but it's anyone's guess how long that could take. It sounds like Mark Robins is already considering other options.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)