+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: October

October

Having already beaten Ipswich , every game this month is winnable . MK Dons (A) Derby (H) Dingles (H)
    Leeds (A)
    I`m not saying we will win em all , but it is a possibility after the recent results and performances , need to stay injury free though .

re: October

Just the 4 points for me
    mk Dons 0
    Derby 3
    Burnley 1
    Leeds 0

What happened to nil pois needle?

As far as I'm conceded all games in the championship are winnable. That's what makes it such a fascinating league..

What an amazing turn around?
    This almost sounds realistic. What happened to we are going down? The manager has to be sacked? The defence is the worst of all time? That striker we have doesn't seem to contribute anything? And we've shifted from relegation certs to a chance of staying unbeaten all month? And we have barley played 10 games!!! The ups and downs of a football fan.

We always beat Leeds. We rarely (once) lose to Burnley, we normally get a point at least vrs Derby and MK Dons aren't as good as us. So we have a good chance. And none of those teams have by far the best striker in the league. We do, and he's bang in form.

I am not there yet champs I am still expecting us to go on another bad run we are so inconsistent
    our fixtures coming up will show this
    Mk dons our form against newly promoted sides is embarrassing I don't expect this to change
    positive results to follow then probably lose to a poor Leeds side
    if we come through these games unbeaten I might get excited otherwise expect the worst hope for the best.

I have never bought into fear the worst Robin, but thats just me. But I dont get alot of things? We play well, we win. It barley gets a mention. We lose a few games and its allllllll over ....doomed ...relegation certs? Maybe seeing so much lower league football as a kid meant I just look to support the team. When I started watching footy in the early 80's you simply went and supported your team, good bad or indifferent. Thats the way it was. With absolutely no chance of success, a club with no money, and the odd cup run every 5 seasons or so. And most where happy with that. Now folk turn up to moan. And leave 10 mins before the final whistle.....

I respect that view champs
    In recent seasons I have been disappointed by the rovers that's why i have adopted the expect the worst attitude
    we currently are playing well but this is nothing new the past couple of seasons under Gary bowyer we have had a good period followed by a awful one so I guess instead of getting annoyed and wasting my entire Saturday I just shrug it off as expected this.

As many managers would testify, 'playing well' does not necessarily always guarantee the points. Neither does playing ok ish / poorly in losing them.
    It's a factor of; your oppositions acumen and on the day form, the officials, and Lady Luck.

As been pointed out by yourself and Aucks, yes it's a simple game in essence i.e. score more than the opposition. But there are many complex factors that ultimately determine the 'outcome'.

As for negative comments, How many times do we hear from managers: ' we played well enough overall, but there are things we did not do so well and have to work on'.
    This is pretty much mirrored by many of our own commenters on this forum in that voicing some concern over certain aspects regardless of outcome, but more especially when nil points occur.

Couldn't agree more that the 'modern crop' of supporter seems to have a unreasonable expectation of our manager, team, squad. This is fairly understandable given our preceding double decade, so a litt

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)