+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very surprised by your performance

Very surprised by your performance

Hi Boro fan here,
    Ill admit I was expecting a similar outcome to our previous game against Charlton, we hammered them 3-0 and should have been 6, they were terrible.
    Rotherham on the other hand really frustrated Boro, we were far from our best but you guys really defended well and give boro no space in the final third. It could have been a different story if your player had put his last minute chance away.
    I cant understand why you are bottom of the league, if you play like that every week, especially against lesser teams you will grind out results.
    Good luck for the season after a miserable and slightly boring night at the riverside.

re: Very surprised by your performance

Wind up. We were very poor. Fortunately, so were Boro

Spot on Pete. We could still have been playing now and we'd not have scored yet.

Honestly not a wind up, I thought rotherham defended well in numbers and closed down everything. If I compare you to Charlton your 10 times the team. If you continue to keep it tight then your luck will turn.
    That's a perspective from a boro fan anyhow, I take it you guys see it different? Can you not take any positives from last nights game?

Quote Originally Posted by uptheboro
    Honestly not a wind up, I thought rotherham defended well in numbers and closed down everything. If I compare you to Charlton your 10 times the team. If you continue to keep it tight then your luck will turn.
    That's a perspective from a boro fan anyhow, I take it you guys see it different? Can you not take any positives from last nights game?
    We lost by less than we normally do...

We were as bad as I've seen us (although worringly, the guy next to us said we were 10 times better than the Derby game).

You should have been done and dusted well before half time.

In all honesty, Boro deserved for us to sneak an equaliser at the end. If you can't put teams as bad as that to the sword with the chances and possession you had then you can't always rely on us having Bowery rather than my dead gran up front in the last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by uptheboro
    Yeah I can I stayed at home and saved £54 quid!

quote from boro board..

very poor outfit, i thought they should have gambled a bit more brought on a second striker with 5 mins to go. could have shot danny collins up there too for the last 5-10 mins. lost with a wimper..

"and for all those who say we should have kept smallwood there lies the fact he is that poor he cant even get in that team ."

and the same for Ledesma...

Yes they came to play but without any real quality at all. Far below the standards of this division.

I totally agree that Boro deserved for us to get a last minute equaliser. Boro didn't move out of first gear all game. You always had the feeling that if we had equalised with half an hour to go that they would have cranked up the pressure and the urgency and won the game easily. Instead we actually had a chance to get an undeserved point. Bowery not good enough. I would have fancied my chances of getting a shot on target with a clear run on goal, and I can't really run. I thought Newell made a bit of a difference when he came on for JCH. I didn't see the logic in that substitution because Danny Ward was terrible for most of the game. If Boro continue to play like that they won't get promoted. I think over the 2 games last season they were possibly the best team we came up against. Without Tomlin and Bamford I thought they looked like a playoff team at best, obviously that's only seeing the game last night. For the record I thought Green was poor again last night. Why Smallwood can't r

That was a very bad performance by us and we nearly let it slip away. Not many games this season we have played so poorly. As for bamford and tomlin, we have a much better team this season. Tomlin is not missed at all. I can see Bamford coming back in January for the final promotion push. One of our best players Stuani was also missing last night, plus we rested our two centre halves for the bigger game against hull on Saturday. In this league you have got to treat every game seriously, we messed up at home against Bristol city

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast