+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taxi for Redfearn?

re: Taxi for Redfearn?

Redfearn's appointment may prove to be a mistake but do the people on here who cry out for solvency all the time realise that by sacking Redfearn will add to the financial downside? In TS we trust - Don't we? Are you going to turn on him too? If Redders is a mistake then the buck stops at TS's door. Don't lose sight of what it is that TS is trying to achieve.
    TS has had to realise himself, the enormity of even surviving the Championship let alone "When we get to the Championship we then dream again". He is trying to build an academy that will be fruitful in the future in terms of players coming through and potential able to be sold on. Very efficient and profitable way of filling the bank account. But this takes years. Redfearn is the man to do this. Doesn't avoid the point that Evans, yes Evans has put us in this position and p****d off before the proverbial hit the fan. We are now a sad, sad shadow of the team that got us promotion and blind faith led me to believe we could win ye

All the talk of long term planning is all well and good but if it carries on like it is redfearn will be gone before the end of the season. I really don't see why a set up of a youth system involves appointing a youth team manager as first team manager - 2different jobs for me. In the time he has been here I'd at least expect the manager to have made us more difficult to beat and better organised at the back. But we're not we are worse at those 2 aspects and that is down to poor selection and tactics. Continually saying these are not his players doesn't help. He's the manager - they are his players and he's responsible for the results while he's here, end of. Look how someone like pulis is able to go to new clubs, work with existing players and through organisation and tactics improve teams and stop them conceding so many goals. Redfearns interview yesterday spoke about getting back to basic, why hasn't he be doing that for the last 6 weeks

Hear what you say Pete, makes a lot of sense but it's a completely different matter sitting in the comfort of an armchair to sitting at the NYS. Here we can all act rationally, reflect at leisure on the issues, proffer suggestions to solve our problems or advocate how we can best support our club. But come match day we all know that goes out the window and it's what happens on the pitch that solely determines the mood of the supporters. We can all accept the odd bad pass or missed chance we can even begrudgingly admire the opposition but when the bad passes or failure to mark or close down or put in the workrate becomes the norm, when we see players who are not performing, who are not up to the task, then supporters will vent their frustrations. It's the nature of the game. We want to see our team successful. Nonetheless, I promise to try my best at Elland Road!.

[quote="leedsmiller"]Just remember they were calling for Alex Ferguson's head after a few games at Old Trafford and look what happened there. Unfortunately, Redfearn is no Ferguson, right now he's not even an Andy Scott and his appointment, and the timing of it, looks to be the worst decision of TS's chairmanship. Time will be a better judge but in his six games to date we've gone from a bottom third team with some crumbs of optimism to odds on certainties for relegation with his deficiencies in terms of team selection, formation, tactics, substitutions... being self-evident.

On the other hand the fact that a 19 year old kid playing his first senior game outshone everyone we've got speaks volumes and could be said to justify what Redfearn has been saying about the quality of the squad. I appreciate Barker's upbringing and his pedigree but he exemplified the gulf in class.

I'm torn between wanting Redfearn to succeed for the good of the club and thinking

As stated on another thread, Evans is managing a team that Redfearn has had a big hand in shaping, Redfearn is managing a team Evans fetched in and we all know he never got it right till another dozen signings in January so give Redfearn a chance to put his stamp on it

Quote Originally Posted by retsac
    As stated on another thread, Evans is managing a team that Redfearn has had a big hand in shaping, Redfearn is managing a team Evans fetched in and we all know he never got it right till another dozen signings in January so give Redfearn a chance to put his stamp on it
    This has got to be the post.
    Well said

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123