+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend that rubbish then.

re: Defend that rubbish then.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexman
    I'd love to meet the fan who told me to *bleep* off and never come back because I booed a few weeks back and see if he's still happy clapping away.

What a disgusting day for Crewe Alex and us fans. Not only were we outplayed by a non league side (That's non-league) Steve Davis blamed the players and the fans in the GRE kicked off. It was a vile atmosphere and I loved the reaction some Crewe fans had after sheff utd, getting carried away. I put 20 quid on Eastleigh today £££. Easy free money.

Anyone still a fan of Davis on here and still eat up the lack of money *bleep* the media spouts out?
    I heard all the booing at the end and I felt embarrassed and sorry for our players who are mostly young lads and they tried their best and so booing is not the answer. Now booing the board or the manager is a different matter but how is that achievable other than a demo at the end of the game in front of the Directors box? I have to

You cannot defend that rubbish. It shows in stark detail what the future holds for our team. It highlights the total incompetence of ALL of our Board of Directors. It is they and their incredibly naive policies which are destroying our club.

By far the better team won. It could have easily been 3-0 or even 4-0. All credit to them, they wanted it more, their tactics were better, their players were superior. Good luck to them in the next round.

I only hope that Timmy, AL, and all the other `true` supporters enjoyed the game, and took many positives from the display.

Sorry but losing Colclough was not a blow !! From the first minute it was obvious he did not want to play yesterday.. Maybe he thinks he is àbove it or maybe something else was in his head but his injury was an opportunity to bolster the middle with Bingham or Atkinson. Bizzarely our manager put on the young player who is possibly in the worst run of form in his short career!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    .... their No7 was better than most of ours and wonder why he has not found a Pro club yet

Mike, their no.7 was Yemi Odubade, a 31-yr-old Nigerian who has actually done the rounds but never settled anywhere. Oxford Utd is about as good as it got for him. That must tell you something. As you yourself said, it was a one-off game. Looks like he had a one-off game too! It happens.

I noticed the “great” Gary Harkins was an unused sub for Dundee yesterday. He must be continuing to pull up trees in Tayside then. It reminds me of what was said about Marcus Haber when he played at GR for Notts County. He terrorised our defence on that occasion. What are people saying about him now? It happens, players at this level are inconsistent – otherwise they wouldn’t be playing at this level. Souleymane Coulibaly may have gone the same way, we’ll never know but the manager is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t!!

As for Sam Winnall, look

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    Another embarrassment to forget, as expected non league up for it more, what happened to the team from last week? No consistency down to one man, Davis, you say another knee jerk reaction but no this is abysmal, a cup run would have been good but our awful cup record continues!

You just don’t get it, Paul, do you!!
    People (like me) have a pop – at you and your mate especially – because you are so quick to have a go when we lose and yet so slow (to non-existent!) to acknowledge a win, last Saturday excepted of course – and I’m still reeling from that, the shock was so great I was nearly signed off from work! I bet it was a wrench to write it. Back in your comfort zone now though, eh?

I said at the time of the draw it was perfect for you, I bet you couldn’t wait. In fact I expect you had written out your post days before and just cut n pasted it in the moment you got home. And I bet you couldn’t wait to get home to do that ei

Mike, their no.7 was Yemi Odubade, a 31-yr-old Nigerian

Well as you were not there then even you would have been amazed at how an 'old man' could terrorize our defence and maybe he hasn't settled anywhere but he was still better than ours yesterday and who knows why that is? There could be many reasons but I don't think its a one off.

You obviously missed my comment about my discussion with DG. As I made the exact point as why was he so successful when he did it by himself on a shoe string budget and now we have a monster academy. I was going to write quite a bit more about this but decided not to as it as a private conversation and he is open to anyone that wants to do the same thing.But we also share an interest in cars too.

I remain of the view that we need a mix of very good players alongside our youth and its my belief there are many like Yemo Odubade in the game that would do a job for us. We just don't go looking for them as we have too many academy graduates.

I doubt PAULCAFC was there either, Somerset - I doubt he's actually been to many games all season because he just posts similar high level content after every game.

Paul, write a considered match report based on what you saw to highlight the problems, please?

I was there as I have been for every minute of every home game this season, kudos to those who take in the away games as well, more dedication than I can muster - I also appreciate that not all fans can attend the games for a variety of reasons ( who'd want to at the moment?)

You can't defend it, of course, but Alexknowall makes the best point about the game - Coco was poor before his substitution and never looked happy, Cooper is a kid just turned 19 who's completely shorn of any confidence - he has bags of ability but Davis is mismanaging his development by persisting with him currently. A loan spell at Eastleigh's level or similar might help him.

It was dreadful but we made 4 or 5 decent chances in first 20 mins, Ha

Get over yourself somerset. When we win you and timmy bait responses from the so called negative brigade but cant take it when lose. Boo me im not going colchester nor would i want to even if i could afford but i was their yesterday. I suppose u either listened to mcgarry paper over the truth or got the glam up version from the offiçial site.
    Well i can tell you it was dire with no fight or desire to win apart from inman and nugent.
    Forget about being bullied we just like many other games this season werent good enough.
    The davis out brigade are getting louder.....sooner or later the board will have to listen.
    That day cant come soon enough

When was the last time we outplayed someone by our football? There could be many reasons why we are suffering and have been and one could be that the standard has got higher in all the leagues including non league and why Tranmere and others who get relegated there don't find it easy. SD was making the comment that we lost to the worldly wise Pro's and it was men against boys but isn't there a lesson there that you cannot no longer rely on a team almost full of 'boys'? As I said, the problem is we have an academy that is producing year after year like a production line and so what do you do with them when they reach 17? How many start at age ten and younger go on to be L1 standard, never mind PL standard which is the idea of self financing the whole set up? Maybe we did get away with it for years doing that and now the influx of foreign players who then trickle down to the Championship make it almost impossible for that model any longer? I don't know but three seasons on and t

Whether Colclough 'fancied it', or was poor, or whatever, my main point was about the substitution required. Who can play those wide roles, left or right, requiring defending and attacking up the line, occasionally coming inside, in a 4-4-2? My answer is - only Colclough & Inman, and even then I'm not sure they can do it for 90 minutes, and still be a threat - they didn't play 90 minutes in the win against Sheffield. So when one is injured, the popular 4-4-2 is less likely to work; perhaps Dalla Valle could get up and down the line, but with what attacking threat? Perhaps Kingsley, while we have him, with Inman switching to the other side? So, I agree with Alexknowall that Colclough's injury was an opportunity to revert to 4-3-3 and gain a modicum of control. The management didn't see it that way, but neither is that, on its own, a 'sackable offence'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast