+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for individual players to take............

Time for individual players to take............

'Responsibility' for their own mistakes rather than letting others be scapegoated.

Green was savagely treated today and I think it was bitterly disappointing that he was booed when in possession.

Collins was equally at fault for the first 2 goals - failing to clear a pass which was straight at him and then backing off for the second.

Rawson was at fault for the second and fourth - backing off and then caught cold and beaten for pace and strength for the fourth.

Grant Ward gifted Boro their goal in midweek.
    Time for the players to come out in support of Green and publicly acknowledge their own responsibility for errors - the start of the way back for these players is to acknowledge that the 'team' and numerous individuals within it have performed badly. Unless they realise they are in it together they have no chance.

re: Time for individual players to take............

....a hike!

Agree about the booing collectively we were crap all over the park. We have to try and help the players who are clearly short on confidence but team selection/formation was poor today until we changed it after half time

I sit in the familly stand and the players do the pre-match warm up in front of us and I said to my mate that half of them did not look very enthusiastic or interested and that seemed to transfer into the game,on the other hand Ipswich looked slick and up for it and no surprise that they wiped the floor with us.Evans transferred his passion into the players and I think Mccarthy does the same,don't know what Redfearns is like but no passion or cutting edge in the team at all yesterday,when it did finally appear we had them rattled for a while.We may not have the best players but no excuse for not giving 110%,that's what was missing and has been since Redfearns took over,time to get angry Mr Redfearns and a few kicks up the backsides,get the passion back please and get in their faces,starting with Leeds next up.

The main problem I can see is NR keeps referring to the players in the media as them and they're not my players.

With the likes of Steve Evans and Ronnie Moore it was the whole club them, players, board, fans against the world and we're all in it together.

I've worked for a lot of managers in my working career and can honestly say the ones I've respected and wanted to work for most have been the ones who have the attitude of we're all in it together, rather than you're the minions I'm the gaffer therefore I'm better than you.

I've always found in life you don't automatically get respect, you earn respect.

By his record SE had earned the respect of the players , in my view NR has got a long way to go and does this form part of the current problem.

Yes the players have the responsibility to put a shift in, the fact that so many of them are failing to even do that is the most worrying aspect of all in this current slump. Yes you can have a bad game but a total lack of effo