+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Redders has to do

What Redders has to do

Arguably the most crucial two weeks of the season is reaching the halfway point. Here's what might have been in Redfearn's in-tray. - view external link

re: What Redders has to do

I feel sorry for him in a way..he got some stick last week and not much of this is his fault..hes been told what he can and cant do and its more cant..the board make the decisions and its them to blame not him..every fan knows we cant compete but the people in charge are clutching at straws as we sink further..hes been put in charge as some sort of messiah but even god wouldnt be able to get us out of this mess without money..did evans use all the money on loan wages? Have we spent up ? Did tony stewart pull the plug because we couldnt go any further? Maybe, maybe not..it will have cost a bob or two to get rid..ive said it before but it all reminds me of the george kerr era..he got hammered for dismantling the team, which he was told to do..bringing his cheap option grimsby rejects and reserves in..this current situation tastes just the same, and its not redfearns fault, its the boards..i just wished some of those thickos who were having a go last week would realise it..

why is redders culpable and incompetent what other options does he have but to winnow through unsigned players its his only option coming in after the transfer windows has closed yes it may seem to be desperate by some fans but we can only have so many loans and im sure this will be a short term measure until the january transfer window. Its not his fault if tony was unsure about evans then he should have got rid at the end of last season or before end of august redders is having to work with a team of majority one year contract or players coming to end of their contract

judge redders after january

Agree with milla that Redfearn is the public face of our current demise and hence shoulders the bulk of the criticism. Obviously, we don't know and won't ever know his specific remit but there are many clues as to what that might be. Cut costs, reduce the huge turnover in players, concentrate on younger players and youth development... My major question would be where, if at all on the priority list, is survival in the Championship? Obviously it's number one on (most) supporters lists but...

The board have certainly not helped the situation with talk of money being readily available and over-ambitious aspirations, which cannot be realised within current restraints. It seems to me that they're planning long-term whilst talking short-term. But to what end? We can all see and understand the issues so why not be honest and up front. Why stick Redfearn in the firing line, with his hands tied behind his back.

I accept the removal of Evans and the appointment of Redfearn could prove t

I just wish people would stop calling him Redders

I agree it's tough for him to be able to bring quality players in within our budget - it's even harder at the moment with the transfer window being closed, although I doubt we'd have been buying many players if it was open. However, the selection and tactics for some of the games, particularly last week were down to him and him only. to play that midfield and a side so inexperienced was asking for trouble and not being brave enough to change it in the first 30 minutes was also worrying.

I said all along we needed an experienced manager, however we have to give him some time now he's here. But the longer we go without winning the more the pressure builds

Right back & central midfielder on loan. Toffolo is he good enough or do we send him back & look elsewhere. Loan players incoming not kids, cast-offs or better days behind them. Get Broadfoot in at centre back in with Rawson. Get Wood back in front of Collins who along with Richardson & Green should be pensioned off. Get Barker in training on the right, Newell on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru
    Right back & central midfielder on loan. Toffolo is he good enough or do we send him back & look elsewhere. Loan players incoming not kids, cast-offs or better days behind them. Get Broadfoot in at centre back in with Rawson. Get Wood back in front of Collins who along with Richardson & Green should be pensioned off. Get Barker in training on the right, Newell on the left.
    Stop talking sense…it's not heard of on here…….