+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Olsson

Martin Olsson

Heard murmurs about him coming in. Swedish international left back at Norwich. Not sure if he would be permanent or not but I wouldn't have too many problems if he was. In the short term he can battle with Warnock and next season can battle with Forsyth. Just coming into his prime at 27 and is Premier League quality. He'd tactically be very positive as well, as he's very attacking and absolutely rapid. Thoughts?

re: Martin Olsson

This is a weak area even with a fit Forsyth, so I welcome any interest we have in strengthening here.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury
    This is a weak area even with a fit Forsyth, so I welcome any interest we have in strengthening here.
    I agree, if you were to ask any Derby fan what's the weakest position then you'd have to say that it's the full back areas. I would have said goalkeeper at the start of the season but Carson is proving me wrong. Commands his area brilliantly and pulls off some top quality saves.

Paul Clement has rubbished this report this morning from The Sun newspaper about us making a loan signing for Martin Olsson and then offering him a £1m move from Blackburn at the end of the loan deal. Paul Clement says "we don't need to go in the loan market as our squad is in good shape."

Blackburn would be absolutely delighted to receive £1 million from us for Olsson, or indeed £ 5,000 from us for him, given that he has been a Norwich player since 2013. I wonder what else about your post is accurate TMDS??

[quote="The_Mighty_Derby_Sup"[/quote]

Why do you post everything like a journalist?

It's Marcus Olsson we are reportedly interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker
    It's Marcus Olsson we are reportedly interested in.
    My bad. It's there parent's fault for having incredibly similars. They're virtually the same player anyway. We might be able to snag him away from Blackburn for a cheaper price considering their financial position.

Quote Originally Posted by "RamBamFan"[/quote

Why do you post everything like a journalist?
    I've been wondering that too RBF. I suspect that the posts are cut and pasted from somewhere

Cos managers never deny making a move for a player who subsequently sign!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)