+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Vs Blackburn Rovers

re: Preston North End Vs Blackburn Rovers

[quote="AucklandRover" teams.
    [/quote]

Indeed. And I also say, the football this season looked the best for a long time. There has been a lot of bad luck with handballs, penalty shouts as well, that had they gone the other way, Boywer would still have a job. But that;s the game and some say that you make your own luck. I don't know on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    There is a complete lack of logic in such a belief that irritates and frustrates me.
    Try listening to it 1st hand as the game unfolds. I got a bit arsey with a guy near me at the Burnley match. I've never heard so much sh1te in my life. Some people seem to think it actually is FIFA on the Playstation.

Don't you particularly like it when a highly-paid "star" misses a sitter, and someone in the ground yells out to the manager, "Sort it out!"?

[quote="AucklandRover"?[/quote]

Indeed, as the manager should have pressed 'x' and not the circle button. I also love it when I see Marshall run his socks off, only to have someone behind me discuss loudly how lazy he is and that it's obvious he doesn't even want to be at the club. (These event are on our occassional relocations to the JW centre by the way).

I'm expecting a much more upbeat atmosphere tomorrow and hopefully next week too. That said, since the shiney domed one went, away atmospheres have been pretty good at the games I've been to. And too be fair, Ewood hasn't been a caldron of hostility, good football, but poor results have led to the change. I think the groundwork has been done for Lambert to push the team on.

I value your comments Dan as you are there every match therefore have a more rounded first hand perspective.
    Yes GB's a nice guy. Yes he's steadied the ship, Yes overall he's done well in transfers. Yes the previous toxic atmosphere has been de-bugged. Yes lady luck (by and large) has not been with us.
    But I need to repeat that on that vs Brentford visit, I certainly felt that 'time was up'. For all of the reasons already discussed to death. This was something I have suspected from the start, but what I did not expect was the ever so slight niggly feeling of 'good grief I now fear we could actually drop'.
    The atmos around the ground (apart from the brighter moments) was one of almost resolute acceptance'
    This is something PL has mentioned in todays piece upon the squad assessment i.e there is a air of acceptance of so so positioning within the league, in addition it is obvious he feels the squad have had it too easy ie training regime.
    Now I don't know how much foundation there is

I agree Despair. Bowyer had gone as far as he could. He has created a good foundation to build on. But as you say, at Brentford, they was an air of acceptance. I guess that many, like me were more worried what would follow if Bowyer was to go, and that's what's created the acceptance. Afterall, the football hasn't been bad, some decisions have been awful against us and some sitters have been missed. All in all the belief was draining. If I'd had had any idea Venky's were going to appoint a football manager, I'd have been saying his time was up just before the end of last season. Let's hope Lambert and co get that little extra that's needed to turn better football into results. Sven said at the Charlton game after hearing Boywer speak that he undoubtable knows his football, but Rovers have no chance of challenging uder him, as there's no fire, (or words to the effect). I couldn't disagree.

[quote="Despair"]I value your comments Dan as you are there every match therefore have a more rounded first hand perspective.
    Yes GB's a nice guy. Yes he's steadied the ship, Yes overall he's done well in transfers. Yes the previous toxic atmosphere has been de-bugged. Yes lady luck (by and large) has not been with us.
    But I need to repeat that on that vs Brentford visit, I certainly felt that 'time was up'. For all of the reasons already discussed to death. This was something I have suspected from the start, but what I did not expect was the ever so slight niggly feeling of 'good grief I now fear we could actually drop'.
    The atmos around the ground (apart from the brighter moments) was one of almost resolute acceptance'
    This is something PL has mentioned in todays piece upon the squad assessment i.e there is a air of acceptance of so so positioning within the league, in addition it is obvious he feels the squad have had it too easy ie training regime.
    Now

I note and acknowledge your thoughts Aucks, and yes in some cases unfounded 'claims' have been made. Hopefully my own have come across in terms of what I see and gut instinct, rather than claiming 'I know'.
    WRT the players comments; one, who has maybe progressed more than anyone (career wise ) is Grant, but even he (as I personally read it) recognises change was needed. That is a good thing, in the way that it infers he is keen for himself and his team to progress. Maturing? GB has been his mentor for most of his career, but even he seems to be viewing it so.
    Despite the areas of improvement, the 'overall package' IMO was stalling and with it the optimism of the support.

We have mused for some time now the plans / thoughts of Venkys, and now we have a fairly clear view.
    I see it as: they are giving it one more full season (2016/17), but this with a new management .
    They feel that re-establishing a more experienced one gives them the better shot. The time was right ie the stab

I see this the same Despair
    this is venkys last roll of the dice the all in if you like
    we have the management team in place a possible embargo lift a **** or bust approach is in the offing
    this season is purely a getting set for a push for promotion next season a bedding in process if you like
    there will be some who expect us to surge up the table now but I am in the cautiously optimistic category.

Despair and Robin - excellent posts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)