+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loans please

Loans please

I'm still hoping we are going to dip back into the loan market to replace what the squad has lost with the departures/injury of Hopper, Wallace and Lolley.

i don't think it's accidental that since the makeup of the side has returned to one similar to that during our long barren spell, the performances have also dropped to that standard. As I've said previously, we do not have another player at the club who can hold the ball up and bring others into play the way Hopper did during that glorious October. Strength allied to mobility was key to that position and it needs replacing fast.

re: Loans please

Agreed, but only if quality is still available in the loan market.

Lolley didn't seem to impress as I was hoping he might, but Wallace and Hopper are great losses to the first team squad. Methinks that Mark will be already on the lookout for replacements.

I hope you're right. We certainly didn't act quickly enough earlier in the season and it cost us dearly.

Why do we dither when it's obvious we are short of quality. We can't get these points back. Awful distribution from Canavan and Mirfin all afternoon set the tone. Henderson actually had his best game so far but his lack of pace and mobility once again showed what we are missing with Hopper.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)