+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did I Stutter?

Did I Stutter?

Just in case I did, here's what I wrote on Sept 6th

Can it get any worse?

You bet it can. Anyone who criticises the paying fans for shouting their displeasure at the players or manager has joined the ranks of the politely correct. Being nice and giving encouraging words might work in play school but this is a senior adult sport, or at least it should be. Their idea would be to give all the players a trophy for participating. God help us.
    If I still lived in Arbroath and was still as fanatical in my support as I was in the 60's, I would be devastated about this woefull start to the season. As it is, I left the UK 40 years ago and the fervour I once had for AFC has diminished. I still want to see them do as well as is possible for a wee team. They can do better, but only if the people in charge have the brains, guts and drive to make the necessary changes.
    Get stuck in, or get the $$$$ out!

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/arbroath-mad/2109815030/#7t4CyMzAIZmKQwyT.99

re: Did I Stutter?

Could echo these words also except I left the town in the 60s but still live in Scotia and have religiously followed A.F.C. during this period, however my enthusiasm is on the wane as I compare this team to the great teams we had in the past.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)