+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROTTEN

re: ROTTEN

Quote Originally Posted by BC_Canada
    Bit to soon I think to assign Mark McGhee to a 'Poor managerial appointment' he can only play the cards he has been dealt. Perhaps the problem really stems back to last season's euphoria after the two comprehensive victories over Rangers in the playoffs and not evaluating what brought us to that point. Then followed up this season with numerous signings and no measurable improvement in results. We are arguably in dire straits at the moment a lot of money was spent in preseason and during the summer when results were poor. The manager has alluded there won't be much if any money for players in January add that to the January transfer window not yielding much in affordable talent it is going to be a long winter.
    It is absolutely not too early whatsoever to assign McGhee as a poor appointment as it was a typical, backward looking, short sighted move by the board and I strongly suspect that him having good personal relations with cert

[quote="allan73"]Now McGhee has seen with his own eyes how bad we are he must rip it up and start again. I would put Samson in goal Kennedy at right back Laing and mick in the central defence with hammell at left back if fit. If not then luke watt. The midfield is our biggest concern. I see this as the engine of the team. We need four in there at the moment. Pearson on the left were he belongs lasley and Grimshaw in the middle with Josh law on the right. Now for the front two. I would actually play Dom Thomas and Robinson up top together well use Dom just behind Robinson. I always feel Dom is wasted wide left. Not really much width in the team but I would give Dom the job of drifting across the park rather than having to work back all the time. He would be the diagonal movement we need up front. Law and Pearson would have to support the front two along with lasley. Grimshaw needs to do the jennings job and just cover lasley as he runs about like a heed

I like Dom playing in the hole behind the forward. Saw him come on against hibs under 20s last season when they had guys like mcpake and maybury in the team. His final ball was superb. He played it down the channels perfectly for our strikers. He always looks for the ball more than most of our team does. Robinson offers a little more strength up top as our other options just get pushed about. Yes probably won't do any better than what we have but what other options do we have. Play Clarkson?

We have very little options. McGhee tried a few different pairings up front and so far none have cut it. No harm In trying what you suggested. I just don't think the forward players we have are good enough as our goals for column shows, only Moult has shown he can score goals. What we need is a full new front line, but the problem we have is we have so much dross on contracts we need to get rid of first of all. Dom Thomas time will come, but it's a huge step up from u20 level to first team and I don't think he is ready for it just yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)