+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle v Pompey Match Report

Carlisle v Pompey Match Report

I left home at 5am and walked to Andover train station in time to catch the 5.32 to London Waterloo, on arrival at 6.49 I caught the underground for the short jaunt up the Northern Line to Euston in time to catch the 7.30 train to Carlisle.

The trip up north was delayed by 15 minutes due to weather conditions and slow running trains in front of us so arrived at 11.00 and as I wasn't meeting Griff until 11.45 I went into the William Woodrow pub for a pint. I then moved on to the arranged meeting point of the William Rufus Wetherspoons pub where after about 5 minutes Griff turned up and we had a couple of pints before Moorlad turned up, resplendent in a 999 t-shirt. As I was at the bar at the time ordering a round I asked Moorlad what he wanted to drink, he clearly meant to say Fosters but the words Doom Bar came out. At this point we were joined by fellow Pompey fan Andy, who is a good friend of Supawooly, who had messaged me on the way up to Carlisle to say that he was coming down f

re: Carlisle v Pompey Match Report

Home in an Intercity 125, you went home in an Intercity 125 (8 )

Did you not see the NO AWAY FANS sign outside the Beehive,youse were robbed by the way.

No I didn't Pete and neither did quite a few others seeing as I knew a fair few people in there!

TBF Pete, I did point out to the blokes on the door that Anders was French, but they still let him in and I was FORCED to buy him ale. The *******s.

Boorlad turned up later as moorlass wouldert let him oot any earlier. ATAnF

Quote Originally Posted by griff
    TBF Pete, I did point out to the blokes on the door that Anders was French, but they still let him in and I was FORCED to buy him ale. The *******s.
    He better hadn't go to Hartlepool then.

Quote Originally Posted by kel_
    Boorlad turned up later as moorlass wouldert let him oot any earlier. ATAnF
    Behalf Kelmet, I'm not getting out off of bed earlier than 10 on an Saturday morning for any ****.

I did of an geet time when I got there to be fair. It were an ace goal what got us our drawer too. However I were an tad upset, 'cos I'd of won the predictocomp if Grainger's missile had gone thundering way over the bar like most off of his shots do.

Good report Andover, saw the goal on the League show it was a bit special.

You certainly showed your dedication on sat, always look out for Pompeys results having been stationed there when I was in Marines.

Thank you Claw.

Whilst it was a very good goal having now seen the highlights we were definitely robbed, Carlisle got awarded a penalty for an offence committed OUTSIDE of the box and Pompey were denied a penalty for an offence which was clearly committed INSIDE the box. I believe the referee lives locally to Carlisle!

I see that your boys have picked up recently, is Lee Gregory the next Jamie Vardy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)