+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROTTEN

ROTTEN

Disater of a club.

re: ROTTEN

Sadly all too accurate a description.

As a club we are a rudderless and sinking ship who are directionless at board level, have made two poor managerial appointments back to back and on the park we have a collection of poor players and hasbeens.

We are going only one way and that is down and we are going down in the most gut wrenching manner possible given the mess we are in on and off the park.

Bit to soon I think to assign Mark McGhee to a 'Poor managerial appointment' he can only play the cards he has been dealt. Perhaps the problem really stems back to last season's euphoria after the two comprehensive victories over Rangers in the playoffs and not evaluating what brought us to that point. Then followed up this season with numerous signings and no measurable improvement in results. We are arguably in dire straits at the moment a lot of money was spent in preseason and during the summer when results were poor. The manager has alluded there won't be much if any money for players in January add that to the January transfer window not yielding much in affordable talent it is going to be a long winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_Canada
    Bit to soon I think to assign Mark McGhee to a 'Poor managerial appointment' he can only play the cards he has been dealt.
    Of course it is. He said on Monday evening that there are a lot of things he hasn't yet changed and he still doesn't know all of his players. What he did say was that he would train players to play a particular way and if they didn't respond they would be out.

And lets be fair that kind of approach paid huge dividends getting two wins over gibralter and one over georgia. Whether folk like to admit it or not McGhees managerial record aint good. Im not advocating saking him but theres a good chance hes no better than barraclough

I reiterate that the mistakes were made after the playoffs with Rangers euphoria versus critical analysts of what brought us to the brink in the first place and where we are in the league is going to be very difficult to improve. The spate of signings that the previous manager embarked upon has not yielded any improvement from last season. To avoid relegation let alone playoffs will require a great deal of work and luck. The manager has said that there won't be much of any money for players in January. So what we have in playing personnel is as good as it is likely to be. Hoping for miracle.????????

re: ROTTE

Manager stated on Monday night that one or two of the U20's had caught his eye,well surely the time has come to blood them with some time in the first team pool,as the tried and trusted players aren't cutting it.Better to start to blood them now than be forced to do it when the chips are really down.Dont know what Luke Watt has to do to get his chance as he certainly is no worse than what has been played in the first team at present.We need to take points in the next three games or we could be totally detached at the bottom of the league

Agreed better to start now with under 20's Zo see Cadden came on as a sub so perhaps opportunity for Luke Watt to get a run in the first team

I didn't want him in the first place but always will say a good manager will always get best out of a non great team!His record after his first stint is utter dire let's not forget he is a part of the Scotland set up that didn't qualify for the task in hand.

Clearly whatever he is doing isnt working would even go as far as saying we have looked worse since he took over but then from top to bottom I don't know wtf is going on at the club poor poor decisions getting made all over the place.

Now McGhee has seen with his own eyes how bad we are he must rip it up and start again. I would put Samson in goal Kennedy at right back Laing and mick in the central defence with hammell at left back if fit. If not then luke watt. The midfield is our biggest concern. I see this as the engine of the team. We need four in there at the moment. Pearson on the left were he belongs lasley and Grimshaw in the middle with Josh law on the right. Now for the front two. I would actually play Dom Thomas and Robinson up top together well use Dom just behind Robinson. I always feel Dom is wasted wide left. Not really much width in the team but I would give Dom the job of drifting across the park rather than having to work back all the time. He would be the diagonal movement we need up front. Law and Pearson would have to support the front two along with lasley. Grimshaw needs to do the jennings job and just cover lasley as he runs about like a heedless chicken. I think this is an all roun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)