+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reconstruction Plans

Reconstruction Plans

Follow link for more >>>>> - view external link

re: Reconstruction Plans

sounds better to me ,but the mentality of scottish clubs will kill any idea of expansion ,the only way scottish football can be sorted out is to take away the voting power from the clubs and have all decisions coming from the sfa ,as long as all clubs have a voting right on things like this ,there will be stalemate .

Something needs to give. The SPL split was great in a way when it was introduced but times and football have changed. The playoffs were a start but possibly more as a way to appease fans calling for league reconstruction. We need bigger leagues to increase the competition. Even in our league it gets boring at times playing the same teams despite the introduction of possibly 2-4 new teams each season now depending on playoff results. I hate to imagine what its like in the top division.Things need to freshen up fast and I really hope someone takes the bull by the horns on this one and an executive decision is made.

Many of us have been saying for longer than I can remember that changes have to be made.

Football like clubs of any sort and churches are literally dying on their feet and a decision must be made to change before the change is enforced upon us.

However turkeys will never vote for Christmas, - unless someone makes the decision for them.

The SPFL’s three-year moratorium on league reconstruction, which was set up when the SPL and SFL leagues merged in 2013, ends next summer ,

with this expiring there is going to have to be new plans drawn up ,but whats the betting that the top clubs will say thay dont think things have worked out for the better and my betting is thay will return to the old format ,club voting powers cant be allowed on decisions about league reconstruction for this reason ,for me theres only 1 way to go with reconstruction and its 2 leagues of 18 with a pyramid system below which will give 34 league games per season plus all the cup games should total out to around at the very least 37 games a season for the teams that go crashing in 1st rounds to way over 40 games a season for others ,this would also benafit the national team, as there would be the odd free saturdays through the season that the national team could use instead of postponing matches cause of the national team playing ,this way makes se

thay could even refresh the league cup going back to its origional format of 4 team round robin leagues to add extra fixtures if need be .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)