+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A kind of hush.

A kind of hush.

Back to back wins and no one has anything to say. Interesting!!
    Conditions poor today and a first half that we shaded and went in at half time 1-0 up. Second half should have seen us 3 or 4 up. Positives? All fairly positive I think. One question mark for me is Bingham. He was probably the one player who I felt struggled a little. He contributed but was a touch below everyone else's standard. Haber was outstanding and without a doubt that was his best game for Crewe. Colclough, who I have criticised in the past for both hanging on for a better offer and for playing somewhat thoughtlessly/selfishly, worked tirelessly and unselfishly for the team. I would have nominated him as Man of the Match with Haber a close second. The lad from Cardiff had a fantastic debut and looked better as the match progressed. Oldham were a poor side but the reality is that we have lost to teams like this already this season so a win and a clean sheet goes down very nicely thank you.

re: A kind of hush.

It's at times like this that it highlights just how difficult some find it to change course in terms of posts. Easy to criticise, not so easy to offer praise - for some!
    What I did find interesting was there was no Andy on P&G. He is one of those regular callers (just like Ben, a Vale fan - both of them! ), and even he was absent yesterday. His opening gambit after the Posh game? - "can we sack him now, please?". Now I don't mind that, and I don't mind if he still feels that way today, that is his right. But why not come on last night and reiterate his request? I think we all know why.

Look at Chesterfield - yet another knee-jerk club, sacking Saunders after just 5 months!!! (not that I rate the man as a manager anyway, his record ain't that good).
    Yes, the board take the flack for their lack of movement - and yes, in some circumstances that is obviously true, but credit where credit is due. If you stand by your man, it can reap rewards.
    Let's hope it does here.

Make no mist

Haber, Semi, Coco, Guthrie and Lowe were all fantastic, everyone else was decent too and Oldham never looked like scoring past us. That was a genuinely good performance and is exactly the type of thing we should have been doing - closing down every player, working tirelessly, playing attractive football and nullifying the weaknesses of the opponent. All the players and Davis got it right yesterday and I hope it can continue, it was a good feeling going out on the town last night knowing that we'd got a well deserved three points and a clean sheet. That being said, I still think change is required, so it's still Davis out for me!

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS
    That being said, I still think change is required, so it's still Davis out for me!

Which is fine but I think the kind of change you are looking for is a MAJOR overhaul - because if Davis were to move on, I think we all know under the current regime who the next manager will be. And I get the feeling that's not the sort of change you are after.
    Better the devil you know

Made a nice change of pace to see Crewe wanted it and more than matched their first-half performance in the second half which has been very rare in 2015. There really isn't much more that I can add that hasn't already been said but the defence did look much improved where everybody put a shift in, particular Olly Turton who had his best game at RB this season. Feel the slight criticism of Bingham was slightly harsh, he looked very composed without ever really standing out which isn't always a bad thing. The partnership of Haber & Lowe looks very encouraging and Adam King pushed out to Right Wing was an interesting choice....

Is Brad Inman injured? He wasn't even in the 18 on Saturday.

When Foxy fully returns from injury, who would be your first choice midfield paring? I thought it was an interesting move by SD to move King onto the wing who was almost out of harms way when it came to soaking up what pressure the midfield was thrown at them.

As for the midfield I am pretty sure that Jones and Fox is the obvious choice. And with Turton,he did have a very good game and thats coming from someone who thinks he would fit into the Nantwich first team nicely.

Yes Brad's injured, hoped he'd be available Saturday but didn't quite make it. Should be fine in 2 weeks I guess, though unfortunately LDV injured again today at Leeds.

It is interesting, but I bet you're no more surprised than I am. Some people have only negative things to say on this board - in fairness to our resident Vale fan though at least he has posted on this!

Perhaps someone could tell that loudmouth in the main stand who just loves the sound of his own voice that Haber had a decent match on Saturday as he does nothing but criticise the guy. Oh and every linesman who in his opinion gets decisions wrong. You know who you are! Agreed about Colclough and Ajayi,both worked really hard and so did Lowe until he tired late on. Great team performance from the lads. Onwards and upwards!

I wonder if he's related to the fella who sits near me and constantly invites Turton to 'come up and sit in the Stand with me'? There's such a lot of rubbish written about players not trying (with the manager joining in this refrain at times, which is totally unacceptable).

I'm not getting carried away, as Oldham were a poor side (goodness knows how that was their first away defeat of the season!), but it does make a change for us to outplay poor sides (ref Chesterfield earlier this season). However, great to see Haber bullying the centre backs, Semi showing how a CB should go about his business and the rest of the back four looking largely untroubled. This gave the likes of Jones, King and, especially, Colclough the freedom to express themselves. Even if it was only 1-0 hopefully it will give the team a bit more confidence going into the winter months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast