+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A bit heavy, but...

A bit heavy, but...

It suddenly struck me that, often, when I leave the Roversmad site, I feel a bit gloomy. This is not to do with football; it's more that quite a few contributors come across as cynical, depressed and world-weary.
    Would you say that this is typical of the mood in England at the moment? Or perhaps I am just imagining it.

re: A bit heavy, but...

I can see where you are coming from aucks but this has pretty much been the feeling of rovers fans for a while
    the whole shambles with clueless venkys and their appalling decisions have turned us into a very pessamistic fan base
    as for the mood in England
    us Brits like a good moan it's been this way since time began.

For a moment there I thought you were going to tease with a 'snatched a draw from the jaws of victory' courtesy Mr Lambert.
    A good question Aucks, not footie related but what the heck.
    I can only speak for myself. but.....
    Footie for me is not the 'be all and end all', or 'life and death' (as Shanks stated it was).
    Having said that, in 'simpler times' the fortunes of your footie team did have a great bearing upon your demeanour, for some just weekend based, for others all the way to the next game!
    In those days though your club was more of a community asset, whereas today its a business. That in itself detaches the supporter from the feeling of really being part. If you ask me for instance my take on Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal etc. supporters, they're basically punters keeping the wheels of business turning.
    My demeanour is driven by all around me .....the weather today here is well shocking ie it does not make me cheery. Wainwright said maybe I had the wrong clothes on, what

It's like this Auck's. Awful weather. Tory government stealing every last state owned institution that's not nailed down and flogging them off cheap to the private firms, (which they no doubt own shares in). The poorest in the country being attacked, particuarly people in insecure employment. The governements of Europe falling into any trap IS set for them to increase hostility to make radicalising people easier to increase their number of morons. And every job is now the work of 3 people. And Rovers are still not top of the league. It's great over here

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    It's like this Auck's. Awful weather. Tory government stealing every last state owned institution that's not nailed down and flogging them off cheap to the private firms, (which they no doubt own shares in). The poorest in the country being attacked, particuarly people in insecure employment. The governements of Europe falling into any trap IS set for them to increase hostility to make radicalising people easier to increase their number of morons. And every job is now the work of 3 people. And Rovers are still not top of the league. It's great over here
    Flown my routes by EJ for the last two or three, then see the article upon the ones in unnamed French depots daubed , that is a very scary declaration of 'capability' (its the spider and the fly situation). It has even been declared this is a known situation ie sympathisers amongst the 'trusted' staff!!! unbelievable.
    Luckily I don't fly in/out of France but as for Jordan ??? I t

I'd get more concerned too. No talk of groud troops to fight, just hit and miss air strikes that will kill whoever they kill. I'm sure that'll reduce the number of refuguees getting the hell out of dodge and anyone who have loved ones killed as 'collateral damage' won't get angry at all and will see the that's it's all for a good cause. It's a great time to own shares in private security companies and arms companies. On the plus side, Cameron will getting a great new plane to fly about in.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    I'd get more concerned too. No talk of groud troops to fight, just hit and miss air strikes that will kill whoever they kill. I'm sure that'll reduce the number of refuguees getting the hell out of dodge and anyone who have loved ones killed as 'collateral damage' won't get angry at all and will see the that's it's all for a good cause. It's a great time to own shares in private security companies and arms companies. On the plus side, Cameron will getting a great new plane to fly about in.
    Bet its not a re commissioned EJ one from Stavros .

or a 2nd hand Olympic Airways jet either

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)