+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, how good were we really?

So, how good were we really?

I wasn't there so I can't comment on this one.

I like to take a look at the message boards of the opposition after a match to get a sense of how they saw us.

When we beat them, the typical comment is along the lines of "we shouldn't be loosing to cr*p teams like Rotherham" but there are usually some counterbalancing comments like "they really wanted it and were up for it" or 'we needed to fight for every ball like they do"

I had a pretty good look at the Bristol City boards and they seemed universally to be saying "Rotherham are absolutely cr*ppy. We were cr*ppier on the day. But they really are a cr*p side.

No redeeming comments or voice of reason...

So, is it that BC are suffering from an unbelievably bad dose of sour grapes - I mean pretty well ALL of them - or is there an element of truth in their universal disapproval of the way we play?

Obviously we're playing better than we did in the half dozen or so games up to Leeds but is this still a relatively weak squa

re: So, how good were we really?

Sour grapes!

I read their fans comments on various Bristol city forums and was really surprised on how bad they thought we were.
    Either sour grapes or they only watch one team or they just don't know football
    I thought we played really well and barring the first 10 minutes that's the most comfortable and relaxed I've been watching us all season.

Well according to the BBC Sport website:-

Rotherham 42% possession Bristol 58%
    Rotherham 12 shots Bristol 10
    Rotherham 5 shots on target Bristol 1
    Rotherham 2 corners Bristol 5
    Rotherham 12 fouls Bristol 13

So not quite as one-sided as the final score suggests.

Simple game,put the ball in the net win game,we did they didn't, end of story.

Weak goal from JCH and it wasn't a penalty according to one robin. .

We played better than what we have done under Redfearn, wasn't great but we were better than them even though the stats States differently.
    If the officials did their job then we might have got a few more goals.

We are better organised than I`ve seen us for some time.We are once again playing for each other and showing signs of producing some more entertaining football than of late into the bargain.I suspect it will take a while to get the extra quality we need to progress, but I, for one, am happy to wait and see.

Did you know that according to the Institute of Ophthalmology Bristol has the highest proportion per head of population of short sighted people?

Not many people know that ( in his best Michael Caine voice)

I can understand their frustration a little. We were more ruthless than them hence the win. They had chances early on and could have taken the lead. The thing is, how many games have we had when we have been on the receiving end. In a number of games we've had chances but not put them away and been punished on the counter. Its nice for a change, and impressive, that we did that effectively against Bristol City. Still it's one thing fluking a win by one goal, but by three you can't help think its a bit of sour grapes too.

One thing to note is that they realised early on that we were a handful that's why they started clogging.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast