+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Dumfries News Story

re: Big Dumfries News Story

Giving by the interview with Billy on border tv a would say there has not even been an approach and it's all pie in the sky.

Yes mate unless Billy was playing cards close to his chest he did not show much enthusiasm at all in the tele interview
    but when the Border TV person then told Crichton Trust top dog Rob Shaw this he was totally amazed at our chairman's attitude.

guys we have all been here before ,im taking it as all talk until i see bulldozers moving in lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    Yes mate unless Billy was playing cards close to his chest he did not show much enthusiasm at all in the tele interview
    but when the Border TV person then told Crichton Trust top dog Rob Shaw this he was totally amazed at our chairman's attitude.
    I smell *bleep*e !

The main stand is in a run down state. I had the main stand tour four years ago and I can see what you mean.

Whatever happened to the DGHP deal ?

Whatever happened to the Palmerston redevelopment which included a cinema and 10-pin bowling alley ?

Whatever happened to ......?

You catch my drift

This is a major news item for the town. The 2 developers quoted are well established and reputable in property development, as well as other commercial interests. One in particular is well known for keeping its cards very close to its chest but is apparently worth billions in property assets.
    The main thrust of this announcement has to be the ambitious development at the Crichton and whoever brokered this deal so far and brought these players to the table has done a pretty good job.
    Where Queens are in all this appears to be a bit of a mystery and no doubt there will be some discussion as to what is really happening at Palmerston and at whose request.
    My feeling is that the Crichton development could take effect a lot sooner than many of us think and we could be hearing more detail in due course.
    As for new toilets in the Main Stand..........I will hold my breath...........as most of us do on a Saturday for those crucial 2 minutes...........and await an outcome, if any!

TEN YEARS since Davie Rae wrote in a Queens book '' only a few months ago we launched our plans to upgrade our stadium to a 6,000 all - seater to meet with SPL criteria.''

Whilst it is easy to have a pop and say "we've heard it all before", lets remember that with the all-seater criteria being gradually reduced over the years, before finally being abolished, the necessity for Palmerston to be redeveloped isn't as great as it once was. Palmerston as it is at present would be allowed in the top division.

Obviously we're nearing a stage now where Palmerston needs modernising and money will have to be spent, whether it is the clubs or from an external source. But I don't think any of us can fault the club for prioritising money elsewhere in the last few years. The Arena and KGV are both excellent facilities that will benefit the club and the community for years to come.

Would loved to see the mainstand knocked down and redeveloped but the home terracing must stay

In the meantime , the club must focus on how to encourage more spectators through the turnstiles . Something they've not been doing very well this season with some bizarre decisions .
    I personally think they concentrate too much on what's going on & how much money they're making from the Queens Arena rather than how many fans they get through the gates every second Saturday

A change in attitude is a must IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)