+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not good enough

Not good enough

Mark Robins failed attempt to bring in a couple of loans last week makes it clear that he feels the same as most supporters. The squad as it stands does not have the necessary quality. It was obvious that as soon as we lost the loan players plus Mirfin that the displays would revert to the early season standard i.e. bottom four. Sure enough that is exactly what has happened.

The question is why, after the free reign on recruitment he was given during the summer, we ended up in this position. Swann can berate the players all he likes but the same players have been poor all season and they are what they are. Having a go at them is not going to make them better players. Contrary to some, I don't see a massive lack of effort, just a lack of quality and composure.

The buck surely stops with the man who decided they were capable of making a challenge in this division.

re: Not good enough

This all looks like it is leading to the sacking of yet another manager, which is fine if you are Chelski or Man City, but we are S****horpe. New managers will be expected to deliver with the spectre of an axe wielding chairman, and a host of pessimistic and negative fans looming over him. The town is not considered fashionable by any stretch of the immagination, and there is never any atmosphere at home. Then there is the terrible prospect of a rapidly diminishing local industry. So who the hell is going to want to come here?

I think that at least for now, it is better the devil we know.

I would however, seriously, like to see him change the formation of our team to a 4 - 4 - 2, with a couple of young skillful wingers, and a forward who can properly hold the ball up front.

Come on Robins, step up man.

UTI

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)