+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumbarton or Alloa away in the Scottish Cup

re: Dumbarton or Alloa away in the Scottish Cup

Now 4 away games plus a cup tie also away before we return to Palmy on a Saturday afternoon - 23rd January 2016 ! - but
    at least we have the home game next Friday night v Raith Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister
    You've no idea how much Queens were wanting a home tie in the Scottish Cup . Word on the street is Hewitson is regretting moving that Morton fixture to the International weekend in October .
    Hope he is. Utterly ridiculous decision. I get that we got 3 points and no guarantee would do so again but it`s a decision that mystified and annoyed in equal measure IMHO.[/quote]

Personally don't think Hewitson has helped matters by sitting back and saying nothing about several of the clubs decisions this season .
    A successful businessman like himself should know that treating us fans ( the customers ) better will see a happier support and perhaps even better crowds

What really got my back up was last year the chairman couldn't wait to go to the local papers after receiving an anonymous email from a random fan complain about inappropriate language or singing . This was proven to be untrue yet the fans received no apology and this season he's continued to hide behind his prawn sandwiches and not back the young supporters who've been treated badly yet again but the authorities .
    Moving the Boxing Day fixture whilst no other club has was also a major kid in the nuts to the fans .
    Can't say I'm impressed with his man , or should I say fan management skills

" fan management " Very good , I liked that but I know where you're coming from
    I know from the group of Queens fans I go to games with that there's lots of grumblings going on about some decisions this season . I think the fact not one of the supporters clubs booked a table for the Hall of Fame night is a worrying sign and something the club must sit up , take notice and asked themselves why ? -- changing the Boxing Day game was a real blow to all those loyal fans who pride themselves on attending every QOS & Scotland match plus not supporting or encouraging the Queens Choir at Palmerston . Plenty clubs throughout Britain encourage fans to create an atmosphere so why can't we ????

Changing the Boxing Day fixture was a crazy decision, but it was probably done with the best of intentions, - ie giving the players an extra day with their families.

However in this cash strapped world it is imperative that the club takes advantage of every opportunity handed on a plate in future.

Mr. Hewitson did not vote to bomb Syria - so come on give him a break!

Football over the festive season has been a tradition for years . There's another 36 teams playing in Scotland that day as they realise there's a possibility of a bigger or bumper crowd . Moving it to October and a weekend when the national team was playing has left a bad taste in the mouth of many Jardi .
    Still can't for the life of me understand why you'd p@@s off the fans with several ridiculous decisions .
    Is it any wonder crowds and interest is down ?

Never mind only 7 weeks now till we are back to Palmy on a Saturday afternoon

Counting the days....

Hopefully we'll find out later who we play in the Scottish Cup 4th round as Dumbarton play Alloa tonight .

Final score Dumbarton 5 Alloa 0

Dumbarton it's is then - two weeks in a row , how exciting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)