+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig "the moron" Charleston

Craig "the moron" Charleston

There isn't enough paper in a paper mill to list, in detail, how much of a moron that man really is...

re: Craig "the moron" Charleston

I thought we were already in for a shambolic afternoon's officiating when I heard his announced, over the loudspeaker system, but never could I have foreseen it being so short an afternoon!!!

Why the f#ck did the game go ahead in the first place, for Christ's sake?

The man's a f##king pillock. Bloody pity that he's a lot younger than Messrs O'Reilly and Sommers who did us a f##cking favour and retired! Shame he doesn't have enough sense, the dense bast##d, to do the same!!!

And who's going to apologise to all the fans, home and away, who travelled so much further than me?

Nobody I guess. Certainly no Charleston. Prick.

re: Craig

2hr; drive in each direction due to F.R.B. closure and road flooding.I remember in 1994 we played Cowden in a league game when the strength of the wind broke the flag pole the ref; only paused to ensure no one was injured and then proceeded with the game.
    The ball was staying still at kick outs and also clearing the box so I think the game should have kept going.
    Can't make Monday as at lunch in Glasgow.Go for it guys.

As the game lasted over 20 mins I believe that the ref receives his match fee. No surprise why it started if thats the case,

2 hours before kick-off, the weather looked to be fine.

If the ref had called it off early on the basis of the forecast and that forecasted wind didn't come, their would have been outrage.

The ref was damned either way.

re: Craig

A bit hard on the ref.

I also travelled all day for the match. Conditions were ok in the forenoon and the pitch was fine. The ref couldn't cancel at that point as forecasts are notoriously unreliable. Once he decided to start, then it was important not to call it off once one side went ahead. I think he got it right this time.

It's also worth considering that the Club had a full hospitality suite, so an early cancellation would have been a sore one, financially.

No easy answers to this one, but I back the ref.

Cowdenbeath is a toxic tie. P and B is full of the worst sort of trolling. I hope we win tonight but either way will be delighted to see the back of them.

Good to see a photo of your mother Tim just as I remember her when you lived up the road from me,[prior to your capitulation to another school] I am sure she will make the 100, well done to her.

I find it hard to read comments backing Charleston to be really honest, especially after the shear amount of times this nerk has shafted us!!! Each to their own I suppose...

The weather has been crap in Arbroath for weeks, as you would expect of Scotland at this time of year! Saturday was no exception. In my personal opinion the weather was dire all day. Therefore, the game shouldn't have gone ahead. However, on the 'flip-side' of that argument, it(the weather) was arguably no worse than before and during a tie referee Des Roache gave the 'green light' to several seasons ago. With blokes like Charleston in charge ' the game' is in foolish and dangerous hands. Incompetent doesn't even cut it.

It matters not however, now that we've blown the chance of the financial windfall of the tie with the Rangers...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)