+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arbroath 2 - 4 Cowdenbeath

Arbroath 2 - 4 Cowdenbeath

The story of our season, an inept first half and a half decent performance in the second half.
    And again at the end of the 90 minutes of football it's simply not good enough.
    I don't really want to dwel on what could have been tonight cos I'm hurting too much.

We are honestly now at a crossroads, there have been some good debates about the team and in particular the manager on the forums, we now have to choose, we get 100% behind the team and management, or we get a new manager in, simples.

re: Arbroath 2 - 4 Cowdenbeath

The second half performance merely covered up the complete embarrassing first half. Still unsure if was Cowden sitting back thinking it was job done or us playing better?. Either way we have just kissed a probable £100k payday goodbye the kind of windfall which could have given us a boost for some recruitment in January. Gonna be a loñg hard season from now on as we don't look near good enough to challenge for promotion and the spectre of the dreaded relegation play off doesn't bear thinking about. The board now have to make a postive decision as to whether the manager can inspire the squad to pull away from the bottom or get someone in who can.

A game we could have won if we had been tight in defence.

A financial disaster in terms of losing out on the money spinning game at Ibrox.

They ran us ragged in the first half. I'm sorry but Wilson puts the fear of god in me every time I see his on the team sheet.
    All those who bleated on about having tall people in the squad like Munro, what good is that when the opposition keep the ball on the deck and have two nippy strikers leaving them for dead in a straight sprint for the ball. Some people seem to think a big strong strapping centre half is the answer because we are playing this long ball game up to the likes of Bobby Linn with the inevitable result.......its called FOOTball for a reason!!!!
    I believe Cowden did take their foot off the gas but must have had a bit of a heart flutter when Bobby hit the post.
    For me the financial benefits of a game with Rangers fade into insignificance when you start to think just how poor we have been this season and the real threat of landing in this play-off.
    I also agree that the board have to think long and hard about our man at the top, but will they admit they made the

Agree with the above, thought Lowden was probably our best on the night. I've criticised Wilson on another thread and the good run we had in the league after the horrific start looks now like it was just papering over the cracks. It's not just a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back, but to paraphrase Neil Armstrong, it's small step forward but a giant leap back. We were as bad in the first half as we were at the start of the season. Something has to change and the sooner the better for the club and for the supporters.
    Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Lumsden a 2 year contract should now be hanging their heads in shame.

Lets get the weather conditions out the way first but it was the SAME for BOTH clubs and Cowdung coped far better and in the 1st half dominated midfield and their direct play at pace had our defence at sixes and sevens and their numbers 9/10 reminded me of the good old days when we played 2 STRIKERS UP FRONT when we used of play Shagger/Murray.
    Could not believe we never changed players/formation at half-time and if it was not for Bobby Linn we could of played their all day and not scored.
    The sad thing is we should have won 4-1 at Central Dump!!.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)