+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SWFC v Fulham - 3rd round FA Cup

SWFC v Fulham - 3rd round FA Cup

Like the home tie...shame about it being Fulham (rather have had PL opposition given where we want to get to)
    Made more interesting because
    1 We're playing them at Craven Cottage week before
    2 Stuart Gray has just been appointed Fulham 'Senior Coach'...(whilst they search out a Head Coach...sound familiar?)

re: SWFC v Fulham - 3rd round FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe
    Like the home tie...shame about it being Fulham (rather have had PL opposition given where we want to get to)
    Made more interesting because
    1 We're playing them at Craven Cottage week before
    2 Stuart Gray has just been appointed Fulham 'Senior Coach'...(whilst they search out a Head Coach...sound familiar?)
    Very familiar. Not really looked at what the Fulham fans think but can't imagine they are overly excited about the appointment.
    Gray is a good coach and a good man but he is more of a 'steady the ship' kind of appointment than a statement of intent in terms of going for it.

Always a bit of a dampener to draw a team from the same division in the cup but at least its at home.

Yep...only with perspective is the decision to replace Stuart Gray with CC properly appreciated. I regarded the signing of Lewis McGugan as a biggie, end of last season - look how that's ended up.
    Milan did a job for us, so did Stuart - both hugely appreciated......onwards & upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe
    Yep...only with perspective is the decision to replace Stuart Gray with CC properly appreciated. I regarded the signing of Lewis McGugan as a biggie, end of last season - look how that's ended up.
    Milan did a job for us, so did Stuart - both hugely appreciated......onwards & upwards
    Good comments, I would like to see McGugan playing a bit more though. I still think he has a lot to offer. His goals to games ratio is better than most.

Be interesting to see what happens to McGugan in January.

For me, he's unplayable at times and I've been very impressed. But putting Lopez in ahead of him in the last few matches indicates to me that CC isn't a fan.

I have heard a few comments by managers at the end of games but Carlos saying that his tactic was to give the Opponent's the ball was a new one on me!

He probobbably (love how he tries to say probably ) felt sorry for em.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)