+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris and Kidd

Harris and Kidd

Both excellent I thought . Wish Harris the best when he leaves Queens . The boy does have flair and showed real desire tonight . Kidd done what he does best . Head down ( don't think about it too much ) run and get in the earliest cross he can. When Lewis does this he is very effective. He does have defensive limitations but I would rather see Lewis Kidd at right back than Brownlie any day .

re: Harris and Kidd

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I wrote my report on "The Only Team in The Bible" before I read this, just in case you think it is an exact copy! The only bit I disagree with, and it's something that I have heard and read others say on many occasions, is that "He (Kidd) does have defensive limitations". I think it stems back to a game against Livingston at the start of last season when he did get a bit of a roasting, but any full back can come up against an un-playable winger occasionally (just ask Andy Dowie). Apart from that, I think Kidd has looked like a fine right back, probably one of the best we have had in recent years when you consider the likes of Mitchell, McCann, Paton etc. were actually converted central midfield players. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Kidd is a frustrating player at times . Still not sure what his best position is

Inconsistency is the main problem at our level . Some look very good one week and anonymous the next . Simply, they are here for a reason if we are honest . PS good post Stuart and I would like to see more of Kidd's surging runs down the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Both excellent I thought . Wish Harris the best when he leaves Queens . The boy does have flair and showed real desire tonight . Kidd done what he does best . Head down ( don't think about it too much ) run and get in the earliest cross he can. When Lewis does this he is very effective. He does have defensive limitations but I would rather see Lewis Kidd at right back than Brownlie any day .
    Harris is with us on a season-long loan so maybe a bit early for the best wishes for him leaving.
    Kidd isn`t without faults but he to my mind is the best option at RB.
    Despite being fairly poor in a lot of games we`re still in the mix for 4th though Morton have picked up a real bonus point at Ibrox today. Look forward to getting Hilson back, and who knows maybe we will yet get to see Tapping feature in midfield !!

Tapping !!!! Who's he ?

Have said all season that we are a much better side with Lewis Kidd playing right midfield. He is positive and is by far the best crosser of the ball in the squad. He is about the only attacking midfielder we have although Millar can be positive at times. I was listening to the game in the car on Friday and every time the Hutton was mentioned the next phrase was "back to. .." Ditto Conroy when he plays. Kidd does struggle at full back but hopefully we can pick up a decent right back in the window. Hope springs!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)