+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has to go

Has to go

I don't care if we turn things round today, I don't care if he is a nice guy, act now and remove Lumsden, his percentage of wins as a manager is a disgrace, he has been backed I'm transfer market completely but his signings have been average, 1 up front, long ball, it's dreadful, this whole year has been embarrassing, probably the worst record in all Scottish football,
    Fresh start please, complete new coaching staff before its to late

re: Has to go

There are a lot of comments on P&B from various fans stating Lumsden must now go.I support these comments.

I would think he will still be in charge for Tuesday but anything less than a good solid comfortable win ( if it can ever be that way just now) is an ABSOLUTE MUST. We have dispensed with managers with far better records in the past and would suggest that if he wasnt on a 2 year deal that he would have been shown the door long before this. Couldnt make Hampden today so cant comment on todays display but the results from the season beggining speak for themselves.

Let's set the record straight. Todd Lumsden IS on a two year deal.

But, here's the good bit, the contract is linked to performance related issues, which means, in a nut shell, if the team aren't performing then the club can get rid off Todd with a months notice.

So let's have no more talk regarding the issue of slagging the board for handing out a two year deal.

I think you'll find most clubs now have stuff built into contracts which reflect the teams position in the league.

Hope this clears up any doubt regarding the contract situation.

I do not care if we win 5-0 on Tuesday against Berwick TL has to go NOW.
    His 2015 record is shocking his tactics are poor and his subs are bewildering at times and ONE up front!!!!, I know fans who are not returning if he is still in charge.
    The AFC Board have to do what is right for the club ad that is get rid of him now and get a new Manager in before the January transfer market.
    I would go for
    1. Gibby/Farningham.
    2. Gary Bollan.
    3. *bleep* Campbell. okay not everybodies favourite but his overall record at this level is good and he can seem to get very good players. .

Can't believe Forfar gave Campbell the elbow!!!

No remarks from me about Todd. I made my views clear about Lumsden earlier in the campaign. Nothing has changed in that regard. It was clear that not everyone liked them. Fair enough. That's fine. I understand why.

Certainly, there was a spell of results that I suggested might have me eating my hat. Would have been happy enough to do that, as all I want is the best for the team. Would have loved to have seen the team, under Todd, rightfully where they should be in the league.

What we desperately needed after last season's shambles was a fresh start. It was not forthcoming.

Hey, opinions are opinions. At least I don't continue to antagonize the situation like a certain speckyboy on P & B...

Would be in favour of a player manager .

A short list of candidates will soon emerge.

Don't think it will be long before changes are announced.

We can still reach the play offs if we can hit a winning run - with a new manager.

Sorry Mr Refhater, but we have no right to be anywhere other than where we are in the league. Whether it's due to the players not being good enough, poor management, lack of vision by the board or whatever, we are where we are with little sign of improving our league position.
    A niggle I've had for a long time is that teams like Ross County, Caley Thistle, Peterhead and even Annan have joined the senior ranks from lower leagues and have progressed season on season whilst we, a long established senior league club have bumbled about in the lower leagues with the odd promotion followed by inevitable relegation. Why have we not been able to do as well as the clubs mentioned? We are a small provincial club but one that seems to lack ambition, happy to be mediocre and, dare I say, frightened of success?

Whilst I agree the board did the right thing in having a get out cause in Lumsdens contract, they have to be criticised for giving him the job in the first place. They also deserve criticism for not booting him out by now as it is clear he is not up to the job.
    As is detailed in another post, his record at Albion Rovers was appalling. Add to that the fact that lady season he was the assistant in what must be one of the biggest collapses in Scottish football history, never mind the club's history, and it absolutely incredible the board even considered him for the job. Was it a case of " we can't be bothered looking around, the best of a bad bunch will do."
    They also deserve a lot of criticism if it is true that Bobby Linn has already decided to leave in January due the their penny pinching attitude.
    If you treat your players badly you end up with bad players. Is that the reason the club attracted such poor applicants for the managers job?

Here is a short list of experienced managers without a team as follows:

Jimmy Calderwood
    Jim Jefferies
    Danny Lennon
    Colin Hendry
    Alex Miller
    Barry Robson ( player manager )

Over the next 5 months the job remit would be to reach the play offs and aim for promotion via the play offs .

Arbroath have some of the best players in the bottom two leagues ,an experienced manager can still get us quickly back on track.

Lets go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)