+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arbroath Calendar Year 2015 - End of year summary

Arbroath Calendar Year 2015 - End of year summary

Safe to say that 2015 for Arbroath has been absolutely abysmal, to put it politely. The end to last season and the start to this season have been nothing short of a total embarrassment, it’s been a shameful year and I for one am not sure why we are accepting this. Do you think for one second that any of the other 3 Angus clubs would be? No wonder we are falling so far behind the likes of Forfar when we have the attitude we do, one of the most respected and well known lower league managers has a bad spell there, which was hardly much worse (if even) than the spell we have endured, and he is out on his arse.

We however appointed an assistant manager, who was part of one of the biggest collapses in Scottish footballs recent history, as our main man, on a TWO YEAR deal after getting rid of Alan Moore. There were plenty ofs thrown about during the period that Todd was in on an interim basis, it was an exciting time for us after two good previous appointments. We all know what Shee

re: Arbroath Calendar Year 2015 - End of year summary

Good rant but do those at the top read them and do they take the concerns of the supporters on board, I somehow doubt it. Only time will tell and that too is running out.

It's not as if the Board are rich foreigners who occasionally visit the ground. They are supporters like the rest of us. They visit the same pubs and shops as most fans, so hardly live in ivory towers.If it was as easy as fire Todd and get a brilliant manager in , then I'm sure they'd do it. You only have to look at the recent history of other clubs like Berwick, St Mirren or our near neighbours the Arabs. There is absolutely no guarantee that management change would guarantee success. Just saying.

And last night's win gives them an excuse to do nothing. Who knows, maybe it will kick off our season and we will go on to achieve great things under Todd Lumsden's management.... and I might get something other than socks and aftershave for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie
    It's not as if the Board are rich foreigners who occasionally visit the ground. They are supporters like the rest of us. They visit the same pubs and shops as most fans, so hardly live in ivory towers.If it was as easy as fire Todd and get a brilliant manager in , then I'm sure they'd do it. You only have to look at the recent history of other clubs like Berwick, St Mirren or our near neighbours the Arabs. There is absolutely no guarantee that management change would guarantee success. Just saying.
    Who says they live in Ivory towers like? What lower league clubs board do? None. There's perfect replacements out there, TL has had his chance and shown he is an utter incompetent taking us nowhere.

And I'm not wanting guaranteed success im just wanting to win more than 8 games next year.

And yeah you can look at they clubs, they clubs all took action when things were a shambles, just because it hasn't worked for them means we sh

Quote Originally Posted by Bellevue
    And last night's win gives them an excuse to do nothing. Who knows, maybe it will kick off our season and we will go on to achieve great things under Todd Lumsden's management.... and I might get something other than socks and aftershave for Christmas.
    Listened to an Albion Rovers player speak about oor Todd at the start of the season. He seems to be absolutely spot on about him, from what I've heard.

To T/L, perhaps I was a bit harsh on the committee as I am sure they want the team to do well as we all do but the point is that we are not and as I have stated elsewhere 99% of the supporters now want rid of Lumsden.

Absolute superb post to start this thread and well thought out and not just a knee-jerk rant; I have no doubt TL is a good coach and a decent fella bat at the end of the day this is a POINTS driven business and TL has failed on this and it is obvious to 99.9% of Red Lichties fans he is NOT a Manager.

Pre-season games and the Hertz game I was gladly eating my hat with our superb attacking football on show including playing 2 up front and scoring goals for fun then for whatever reason he changed tactics and from the next game onwards we have been a shambles.

For anybody to say he deserves more time because we beat (most welcome 3 points) a bottom of the league Berwick team at HOME 3-1 (who have lost 7 games on the bounce) and all our goals helped by the wind (albeit all superb goals) in the LOWEST league in Scotland urgently needs to go and see the Quack and is laughable!!

Quote Originally Posted by housecaptain
    To T/L, perhaps I was a bit hKilOarsh on the committee as I am sure they want the team to do well as we all do but the point is that we are not and as I have stated elsewhere 99% of the supporters now want rid of Lumsden.
    I'm not the 1% , to be clear. No Lichtie fan could be happy with this year's performance. The atmosphere at Hampden last week was toxic and that can't be good for anyone involved with the Club. The sooner this is sorted the better so we can concentrate on the football.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)