+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The desire of Lowe

The desire of Lowe

A 37 year old not even contracted to our club has shown more desire to play for us in 4 games than most of the contracted paid players put together, whatever div we are in next season it's obvious more older players of similar experience needed to fight for us not young immature cheap players esp from 10th tier football that 'we can work on', we've spent three successive seasons at the bottom now and it's got to be something different next season or else non league is coming within the next three seasons IMHO.

re: The desire of Lowe

Where is everybody?,are the diminishing gate`s being reflected in this forum,or is everyone starting Xmas early,or can`t be arsed.
    Not even our favourite doomongers,are posting ther comments on here,even if they did`nt go to the match.

I think this board has had its day, simply due to certain people posting negativity day after day, and other people (Mike S hijacking every topic just to get his repetitive views over.

It's become easier to talk to fans you know via Facebook,

That way you can pick and choose better who you wish to discuss things with, without been abused as was happening regularly on here.

I think a lot of supporters have lost faith in the Alex and also realise that the Board/Manager will take absolutely no notice of what any fans say or suggest.
    Our present position and playing record could be in some part be attributable to the board or to the manager, but it cannot be blamed on the fans.
    Somebody needs to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    I think this board has had its day, simply due to certain people posting negativity day after day ....
    I wouldn’t say it’s had its day but I do agree that a constant out-pouring of negativity can be a bit tedious. Ok, so we don’t have a great deal to shout about at the minute but where were those people after the Colchester and Oldham games? – suggests certain types only have the one agenda – which is a bit sad!! That guy, Andy, a regular contributor on P&G, seems a nice enough chap but he’s just as bad – calls for the manager’s head when we lose but the moment we win, even he goes quiet. Does that mean he changes his mind on a good day and then changes it back on a bad one? People do say football fans are fickle. Case proven.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    ..... and other people (Mike S hijacking every topic just to get his repetitive views over.
    Just because he doesn’t follow the original post

Quote Originally Posted by all
    I think a lot of supporters have lost faith in the Alex and also realise that the Board/Manager will take absolutely no notice of what any fans say or suggest.

So what are you suggesting? – fans run the club?
    What is it that the Board/Manager are ignoring? – investment in the first team?
    If there are no funds, there are no funds.
    Ditch the Academy? – I don't see that happening with the current people in situ.
    Downgrade the Academy? – apart from the finances which we all seem to claim to know, do we really know what implications this might have? – we can all speculate but without the facts? – who really knows ...?!!!
    I do agree however that more transparency from the Board would help. John Bowler has gone remarkably quiet in the last year or so.

As for sacking the manager, (assuming that is something else that you believe is being ignored), should we do so just if the fans are calling for it? Never been a great supporter of play