+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Leeds

Thoughts on Leeds

Well a right mixed bag there..

Negatives:
    Clement - You got away with the changes against Bristol City but I had that down as giving players a kick up the backside.. Yesterday, I can see that with Martin & Thorne but INCE !! WTF. My thoughts on team rotation are well known on here.. Another instance where it did not work.

Grant - Shocking for both goals. 3 errors on the first one, came and flapped, walked back into position, then flapped again. Second goal, pants starting position, should have helped Keogh.

Keogh - We saw yesterday how much he needs Shackell beside him. Should have been tighter to Wood,

Hendrick - Great goal but then poor. Don't get the comments on other threads about him being good yesterday.

Russell - Absolutely shocking last night.. Lightweight and can't pass. Perhaps we should give him 9/10 for one little flick... What has happened to JR?

Martin - Came on and did nothing. What has happened to CM?

Shackell - That injury had better not be seriou

re: Thoughts on Leeds

You seem to miss quite a lot - like Martin's superb pass in the penalty area soon after he came on - it ain't NOTHING.

Thorne and Martin do not need a kick up the backside. Thorne provides better defensive cover than the alternatives and was missed.

Ain't NOTHING ...... That's fabulous English ..... In the hood maybe. Love hearing fluent chav tho.

And you can one thing Martin did. Well that makes a world of difference. It obvious to many again he's drifting out of games and not such a key player. But he made one good pass so makes him a world beater. Very good.

I get where your coming from, BUT..it so easy to be an armchair coach, we don't have the info on what knocks a player is carrying, the reasons for the changes or Clements thinking.

Maybe he was trying to catch Leeds on the hop, change tactics and players to gain an advantage? The criticism of players for errors is over the top, we expect them to be spot on every time and slaughter them if they aren't?

So Carson has never ever made an error in a game? Seeing most players make errors, singling Grant out when he has saved more points for us than he has lost is just ridiculous. Many were bemoaning his signing before he came, now apparently he is God!

Thought Shotton came on a did a good job considering, agree Shackell is the better player but give his replacement some credit.

As for play your best team? Well which is that? And why would it have necessarily changed the result, when the same criticisms have been levelled at previous team selections?

A draw away at Leeds is a

[quote="AngryRam"]Well a right mixed bag there..

Negatives:
    Clement - You got away with the changes against Bristol City but I had that down as giving players a kick up the backside.. Yesterday, I can see that with Martin & Thorne but INCE !! WTF. My thoughts on team rotation are well known on here.. Another instance where it did not work.

Grant - Shocking for both goals. 3 errors on the first one, came and flapped, walked back into position, then flapped again. Second goal, pants starting position, should have helped Keogh.

Keogh - We saw yesterday how much he needs Shackell beside him. Should have been tighter to Wood,

Hendrick - Great goal but then poor. Don't get the comments on other threads about him being good yesterday.

Russell - Absolutely shocking last night.. Lightweight and can't pass. Perhaps we should give him 9/10 for one little flick... What has happened to JR?

Martin - Came on and did nothing. What has happened to CM?

Shac

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Ain't NOTHING ...... That's fabulous English ..... In the hood maybe. Love hearing fluent chav tho.

And you can one thing Martin did. Well that makes a world of difference. It obvious to many again he's drifting out of games and not such a key player. But he made one good pass so makes him a world beater. Very good.

Sarcasm from a scrote .. very good. Angry claimed Martin did nothing and that ain't true.

Martin added much more than Bent did and also made a defensive contribution.We improved when Martin was brought on. Watch the match back

You forgot Johnson, Angry...along with Hendrick the biggest 'mixed bag' of them all imo. Inclined to give the ball away but without his physicality I think we'd have lost.
    Surprised about your criticism of Russell. He invariably frustrates me and 'lightweight and can't pass' certainly summed up his first half performance but he did improve and was important at both ends in the second half.
    Totally agree with Swale about the criticism of Grant and Shotton. Not so long ago Christie, Warnock and Keogh were the targets. They've fought their way back, fans have got behind them and they look like different players.
    It's one thing to be critical but to get on the backs of individual players to the extent that some are with Grant and Shotton helps no one, last season it virtually destroyed Christie.
    Grant was at fault for the first goal last night, no doubt about it, but it's probably the first ball in he's not dealt with in eight matches. All keepers make mistakes and unfortunately for th

I think you forgot about Weimann Angry, although I can't blame you since he was so ineffective that you probably forgot he was playing, I know I almost did. Bent was also invisible.

I think although Russell lost the ball quite a bit, he was trying to be positive and got on the ball as much as he could. All that you can ask for from a player low on confidence.

Bent staking his claim by doing absolutely naff all

[quote="swaledale"]I get where your coming from, BUT..it so easy to be an armchair coach, we don't have the info on what knocks a player is carrying, the reasons for the changes or Clements thinking.

Maybe he was trying to catch Leeds on the hop, change tactics and players to gain an advantage? The criticism of players for errors is over the top, we expect them to be spot on every time and slaughter them if they aren't?

So Carson has never ever made an error in a game? Seeing most players make errors, singling Grant out when he has saved more points for us than he has lost is just ridiculous. Many were bemoaning his signing before he came, now apparently he is God!

Thought Shotton came on a did a good job considering, agree Shackell is the better player but give his replacement some credit.

As for play your best team? Well which is that? And why would it have necessarily changed the result, when the same criticisms have been levelled at previous te

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)