+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moving forward

Moving forward

Delighted with the signings of Wallace and Townsend this week. We now have cover and competition for places across the back four. We know all about Wallace who made such a difference in his first spell and if Townsend can reproduce his Grimsby form he will surely force his way in very soon.

Is a centre forward plus a pacy winger too much to ask for this month? If we could get them I'd really start to believe.

re: Moving forward

While I am impressed with the signing of Wallace, I am hoping we didn't invest too much in the aquisition of Townsend, he didn't exactly set the world alight last time he played for us.

There is a rumour circulating about a cf we are looking at, with the only competition for his signature coming from Pompy, who are not the force of old.

I would like to see wingers for both flanks, as Adelakun is not reliable enough, and has had enough chances to prove otherwise.

I will always support and put my belief in the club, but the squad needs freshening up to say the least.

UTI

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)