+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

Paddington Bear (2014)

Dont care what anyone says. I loved it

Captain Fantastic (2016)

Can't believe this came recommended so highly. One of the most irritatingly self regarding movies I have ever seen. It's well made in the way that these 'paint by numbers' whimsical Indy flicks usually are.

It's about a hippie couple who decide to raise a family while adhering to an extreme minimalist, survivalist lifestyle (these guys are too hardcore to be farmers) except the wife has bipolar disorder, goes back to civilisation and commits suicide in a psychiatric facility. Her father tells the husband to stay away but his kids (who spend most of the movie parroting their father's ideology like cultists as they have no alternative social frame of reference) insist that they attend the funeral and a 'hilarious' road trip ensues.

I usually like Viggo Mortensen but his character was completely insufferable. He was like a parody of a really sanctimonious left winger and I thought that the writers might be heading in that direction until all the problems that arise from his extreme outlook suddenly and magically resolve themselves.

Although if you're the sort of person who chugs himself to sleep with a copy of Chomsky in the other hand and enjoy imagining how intellectually, morally and spiritually superior you are to the unwashed mashes, you may well love it.

Peanuts Movie (2015)

Kept on the kids films tangent. Liked the cartoon as a brat. This was a bit pish

11-11-11(2011)

Complete sh@te

The Abominable Dr Phibes (1971)

Ace. Vincent Price films all seem to be quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Abominable Dr Phibes (1971)

Ace. Vincent Price films all seem to be quality.

He was the star of the Hammer films for me.....Scream and Scream Again, The Masque of the Red Death and Witchfinder General being my favourites.

Defiance (2008)

Good film based on true accounts of a group of jews (The Bielski Partizans) who hid in the woods in Belarus to avoid capture from the Nazis . They were led by the Bielski bros (Daniel Craig and Lief Schrieber). Decent watch. 2hrs 10 flew past

"Free Fire" (2017). Saw it last night with Mrs wrd. Film about an arms deal that goes wrong. Pretty slapstick in places but a decent watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Deepwater Horizon (2016)

Probably nae the best film to be watching the day before you go offshore to a place you already thinks a death trap
    Nae bad but its a Whalberg and you have to take it with a pinch of salt asnits probablly be very Hollywoodized
    I decided nae to bother, I'd have been shouting at the telly.

Robocop (1987)

30 years old and still f@cking excellent. The best baddie ever (Clarence Botticker), some cracking lines. It never gets old.

Scott Browns cameo is ace also

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast