+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

re: O/T Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buc
    10/10 for 12 years a slave. Mind boggling film.
    Propaganda film looking to continue the cultural cleansing of the South by their Northern aggressors.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    Spotlight.
    Excellent. Best of it's kind since All The Presidents Men. If you liked that, you'll like this.
    Agreed, just finished it. Boston Globe reporters and their work exposing the true extent of ***ual abuse in the church in Boston, across America and ultimately throughout the world. Quite a dark, sobering film. Maybe not a good watch for a Saturday night but enjoyable none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion
    Spotlight.
    Excellent. Best of it's kind since All The Presidents Men. If you liked that, you'll like this.
    Agreed, just finished it. Boston Globe reporters and their work exposing the true extent of ***ual abuse in the church in Boston, across America and ultimately throughout the world. Quite a dark, sobering film. Maybe not a good watch for a Saturday night but enjoyable none the less. [/quote]

great performances in this.

as with all 'based on a true story' you're never quite sure what artistic licence has been taken

-

One not to watch - JeruZalem.....utter pish, lasted about 45 minutes before I had to switch it off.
    Don't waste your time with this one.

Watched the film escape plan last night, with Sly and Arnie, not a bad film, easy watching action stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    The Revenant.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being much of a Di Caprio person. The bear scene was very well done. Would have done no harm to cut it by about 15 minutes.
    I actually found it almost tedious. Remove the panning landscape shots/tree shots and you lose half the movie. Remove Leo lying/groaning/by a fire and you've lost another 40%.

There is barely a proper story and its more like the director got given a wide angle lens for his birthday and only had a 20 min script to hand to make use of it asap. In fact the true story the guy was by the river, rolled onto a raft and floated to civilazation. Guess there wasnt much of a movie in that either.

I will watch anything and really enjoy Di Carpios performances but most actors could have done his performance in this - if he wins an oscar I am sure he will be bemused its for this. I usually enjoy the movie people complain is overhyped but this one actually got to me

Watched I Believe in Miracles (Nottingham Forest film) the other night, excellent viewing about them winning the league and going on to win the European Cup....highly recommended viewing !!!

The Revenant - I thought, first hour was pretty impressive, looked set to be one of those classic films that would make your top 5. However, after the first hour, I thought it was horrendous. Didn't enjoy it all. Di Caprio was okay, he barely spoke and I thought Tom Hardy was poor, usually like him, but not here, wasn't impressed.

I'll watch "The Survivalist" and/or "The Forest" tonight. They say The Survivalist is Mad Max in the woods, should be interesting.

Triple Nine.

Not much positive to say on this one. Bang average bad cop movie. The poorly drawn characters induced no sympathy. 5/10.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast