+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

re: O/T Film Thread

Watched Bone Tomahawk when I got home from work today. Strange film, think a western version of 'the hills have eyes'.

Kurt Russell stars as the Sheriff leading a small group to rescue his Deputy and the local Doctor who have been kidnapped by cannibalistic cavemen. A long film and struggled to stay interested all the way through but definitely livened up for some of the most gruesome killing/cannibalism horror scenes i've ever seen. Seems to come to quite an abrupt ending also.

6.5/10 If you are a horror fan i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion
    Watched Bone Tomahawk when I got home from work today. Strange film, think a western version of 'the hills have eyes'.

Kurt Russell stars as the Sheriff leading a small group to rescue his Deputy and the local Doctor who have been kidnapped by cannibalistic cavemen. A long film and struggled to stay interested all the way through but definitely livened up for some of the most gruesome killing/cannibalism horror scenes i've ever seen. Seems to come to quite an abrupt ending also.

I thought Bone Tomahawk was immense, but then again, I am a horror fan, my favourite genre. Kurt Russell was brilliant in it I thought. Definitely a good few squeamish scenes throughout.

Anyway, on to last night's viewing, " The Forest " About a twin trying to find her sister, who's went missing in the infamous Aokigahara Forest in Japan, also known as the Suicide Forest, I'd like

I'll look forward to your review of 'The Survivalist'. Just reading about it now and it sounds like a good watch.

Watched roughly 35-40 minutes of "The Survivalist" last night and HAD to turn it off. Just didn't do it for me, not fair to rate it given I didn't watch it all the way, I'll leave that to someone else.....

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion

From the reception it's had, I thought I'd love this. Fell down on every count in my opinion. Western? not enough shooting. Cannibals? not enough people eating. Horror? not enough gore. Comedy? nah. Well maybe if you want to call it a black comedy you'd have a case.

Too few characters, too much of the guy with the gammy leg going through the desert. Would have kept the Matthew Fox c

Watched dirty grandpa last night with Robert DeNiro and Zac Efron last night, got to admit i enjoyed it, wont be everyones cup of tea! Two lovely girls in it Aubrey Plaza and Zoey Deutch, very nice.
    8/10

Watched The Martian on Monday, really enjoyed it - 8/10.

Went to see Grimsby last night, funny but nothing on Borat, Bruno etc. A few filthy laughs (look out for the elephant scene) which make it. England are progressing in the World cup throughout the film which takes it down from a 7.7/10 to a 6/10.

I finally watched Withnail and I last night. Ive know about it for years but never seen it so i finally downloaded it

Ralph Browns awesome Del Preston in Waynes World 2(my favourite character ever) is very much based on Danny the drug dealer hence why Ralph Brown was chosen for the role. Ive know this for long enough.

So for that reason im surprised it has taken me untill now to see the film.

Its not bad, some funny bits. I wonder how much of it is true

The Other Side Of The Door.
    Bog standard horror/ghost story. Not scary, nothing new. Straight 5/10.

Truth.
    Not for everybody this. I found it interesting enough, good cast but it could have been done better.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast