+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'll get a shock if I see you having a game of pool in the Arms cos there is no f*ckin pool balls.

Back on topic I just watched 'Long shot' a documentary about an American guy accused of murder whose defence ends up relying on the footage from an episode of HBO's Curb your enthusiasm. Quite short (must be about 45 minutes long) but fairly gets the message of how corrupt some police forces can be just to show 'results'.

Pac, Not sure if you've seen it but 'Hired gun' might be right up your street. Telling the story of the folk who get the gigs of performing with some of the worlds most iconic bands. Google it and see if fit you think.
    I watched that tonight as well. I remember the story at the time as im a big Curb Your Enthusiasm fan (new series starts Monday). From bad luck to ridiculously good luck. What's the chances of them filming on that row!?

I watched Silence tonight as well. It was like Scorsese does Kurosawa. A proper man's film. Maybe a bit too long and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Pac, Not sure if you've seen it but 'Hired gun' might be right up your street. Telling the story of the folk who get the gigs of performing with some of the worlds most iconic bands. Google it and see if fit you think.
    Been meaning to download it. Some cast. Inclusive of Steve Vai.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Been meaning to download it. Some cast. Inclusive of Steve Vai.
    I found it a bit pointless to be honest. It was a bit cheap.

The BBC are showing the amazing Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam. Nice.

'American made' - Tom Cruise doing a plot that's been done a thousand times before. Commercial pilot recruited by C.I.A to take reconnaissance photos of South America on the sly. Gets hired by Mr P. Escobar. Makes so much money he runs out of places to hide it. All goes t*ts up in the end.

Based on a true story, apparently. Very watchable.

Also watched 'Wind river' with Jeremy Renner who gets himself in to a bit of bother after he finds a young girls body in the middle of nowhere in the native american reservation where he works. Quite good film, starts of pretty slowly and then escalates a bit too quickly for my liking though.

Passengers (2017)

Utter garbage. Avoid

The Hulk (2003)

I like a super hero film, I usually think Eric Bana is good

This was sh@te

Passengers (2017)

Utter garbage. Avoid
    I quite like this film. Michael Sheen the grass is funny.

Finally got round to watching Dunkirk. Good film but is it just me or is it full of dramatic/suspense music all the way through? Thought I was maybe watching a dodgy copy. Spoils it in my opinion.

Kingpin(1996)

Having sleep issues.just watched this classic. One of the greatest comedies ever. Next time Considine f@cks up we can just say hes "pulled a munson"

Woody Harrelson is a great actor. Cant be denied

Its on my undeletable list
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 09-12-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Kingpin(1996)

Having sleep issues.just watched this classic. One of the greatest comedies ever. Next time Considine f@cks up we can just say hes "pulled a munson"

Woody Harrelson is a great actor. Cant be denied

Its on my undeletable list
    It was a favourite amongst my mates. Randy Quaid has been in some great films but mostly utter pish.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast