+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Syn Gates View Post
    Anyone can list some worth watching horror movies before 2000s?
    Halloween and the Shining are both worth watching if you've not seen them. Exorcist ok too. Race with the Devil a bit tv movie 70s style but ok to watch. The original Hitcher quite good.Also Evil Dead from the 80s if you want to watch something cheesy so bad it's good sort of thing.
    Christ the list goes on! I have watched a helluva lot of movies !

Watched 'Gifted' over the weekend and really got in to it. Quite scary how good some of the young actors are in films these days.

Copied this from wiki- (Slight spoiler alert!)

In a small town near Tampa, seven-year-old Mary Adler shows remarkable mathematical talent on her first day of first grade, which impresses her teacher, Bonnie Stevenson. Mary is offered a scholarship to a private school for gifted children. However, her uncle and de facto guardian, Frank, turns it down. Based on his family's experiences with similar schools, he fears Mary will not have a chance at a "normal" childhood.

It emerges that Mary's mother, Diane, had been a promising mathematician, dedicated to the Navier–Stokes problem (one of the unsolved Millennium Prize Problems) before committing suicide when Mary was six months old. Mary has lived with Frank ever since.

Frank's estranged mother and Mary's maternal grandmother, Evelyn, seeks to gain custody of Mary and move her to Massachusetts, believing that Mary is a "one-in-a-billion" mathematical prodigy who should be specially tutored in preparation for a life devoted to mathematics. However, Frank is adamant that his sister would want Mary to be in a normal public school and have the childhood she didn't have. Worried that the judge will rule against him and he will lose Mary completely, Frank accepts a compromise brokered by his lawyer that sees Mary placed in foster care and attend the private school where Evelyn wanted to have her enrolled. The foster parents live just 25 minutes from Frank's home, and Mary will be able to decide where she wants to live after her 12th birthday.

Mary is devastated at being placed in foster care. Frank later finds out that Evelyn is overseeing Mary's education and has taken up residence in the guest house of Mary's foster home. He then reveals to Evelyn that Diane had solved the Navier-Stokes problem, but stipulated that the solution was to be withheld until Evelyn's death. Knowing that it meant everything to Evelyn to see Diane solve the problem, Frank offers to publish Diane's work if she drops her objection to him having custody of Mary. Evelyn reluctantly agrees.

The film ends with Mary returning to public school, while taking college-level courses in the afternoon.

Must admit if I wasn't such a tough b*stard I may have shed a tear at a certain part of the film. Definitely be watching this again. A rainy Sunday film if ever there was one.

Hacksaw Ridge

Decent film that. Some quality war action and some awesome deaths and gore.

Liked it

Finally watched Trainspotting 2

Pretty good, nothing on the first one but a good enough watch

Taking the piss out of the orange lodge was f@cking funny.

The latest planet of the apes film was good. as was Churchill.

The Shallows 2016

Sh@te

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Halloween and the Shining are both worth watching if you've not seen them. Exorcist ok too. Race with the Devil a bit tv movie 70s style but ok to watch. The original Hitcher quite good.Also Evil Dead from the 80s if you want to watch something cheesy so bad it's good sort of thing.
    Christ the list goes on! I have watched a helluva lot of movies !

Race with the Devil is an excellent film that i'm sure won't have been seen by too many folk, very good actors and actresses in it.
    Another shout for the original Hitcher, love that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn Gates View Post
    Anyone can list some worth watching horror movies before 2000s?
    The Thing by John Carpenter is my all time favourite film.
    The Burning, classic Video Nasty that is very good.
    Videodrome and Existenz from Cronenberg are classics.
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    The Howling
    Hellraiser & Hellraiser II
    Friday the 13th & Friday the 13th Part II
    Halloween & Halloween II
    The Hills Have Eyes

Kill Me Three Times 2014

Nae bad. A good film to watch to fill in a night.

a black Aussie comedy with Simon Pegg. About Blackmail plots, murder plots and insurance scams. You see the days events unfold separately in three parts.

As I said nae bad

To End All Wars (2001)

Another good film. Robert Carlyle and Keifer Sutherland. About a platoon of Highlanders getting captured ending uo build the railway at Hells Pass etc. True story

Great line in it "he was the only American in the group, we called him Yanker. Thats because he was a Yank and well....... A bit of a w@nker"

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    Race with the Devil is an excellent film that i'm sure won't have been seen by too many folk, very good actors and actresses in it.
    Another shout for the original Hitcher, love that film.

The Thing by John Carpenter is my all time favourite film.
    The Burning, classic Video Nasty that is very good.
    Videodrome and Existenz from Cronenberg are classics.
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    The Howling
    Hellraiser & Hellraiser II
    Friday the 13th & Friday the 13th Part II
    Halloween & Halloween II
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Can't go wrong with all of them. I'm a big fan of John Carpenter and have seen The Thing lots of times.

What about Invasion of the Bodysnatchers? Original and the one with Donald Sutherland. And for the real sickos Henry Portrait of A Serial Killer. "plug it in Otis !"

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast