+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

The Dirt (2019)

Mötley Crüe biopic, decent watch but maybe thats just because i am a big fan of the band, gives you a basic insight to their career, it has not got a patch on the book but i enjoyed it. Great soundtrack to it

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Can't help on serial killer films but I watched 'The Dawn Wall' again today. It's a documentary on a guy who was brought up climbing from an early age. He's a little bit of an oddball but a likeable guy none the less. This follows him and his climbing partner taking on a part of El Capitan in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

They are trying a route that no one has ever managed before. Really enjoyable and if you find yourself watching, don't turn off when the credits roll as there is a nice little twist in the story at the end.
    If you liked that one, have a look at the "Free Solo" documentary recently done by Nat Geo about a bloke called Alex Honnold that completed El Capitan solo and by free-climbing (nae ropes or safety gear).

Fair enough, each to his own, but the top of the easy wall at Alien Rock was enough for me

Hitchcock (2012)

I thought this was really bloody good. Old Tony Hopkins is great in it. Thought it would be about his life. Turns oot its nae

Going to watch Psycho tonight for obvious reasons

Watched the documentary Last Breath on BBCi player last night,it’s about a diver in the North Sea who gets left at the ocean bed after a storm hits the ship.

Definitely worth a watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJL57Gq2OQ

Did I see that there's an Apollo 11 film about to his the picture hooses?

Apollo 13 is one of my favourites (not least for The Green Final cameo in The Director's Cut), but you'd have thought they'd release them in sequence like the Rocky and Godfather films.

Looking forward to seeing the new cut of Apocalypse Now! In my top 3 of films.

The BBC were showing a few Kubrick films recently with introductions from top directors. He never made a bad film. Barry Lyndon is slow but worth it.

I love my war movies but not a massive fan of Apocalypse Now. Let me know if the new cut cuts off the last hour

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I love my war movies but not a massive fan of Apocalypse Now. Let me know if the new cut cuts off the last hour
    The last hour is the best part. Would have been more if Brando wasn't mad with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The last hour is the best part. Would have been more if Brando wasn't mad with it.
    "The horror" He refused to film any scenes with Dennis Hopper so had to be shot separately. A toss up between Apocalypse Now and Raging Bull as my all time favourite film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    "The horror" He refused to film any scenes with Dennis Hopper so had to be shot separately. A toss up between Apocalypse Now and Raging Bull as my all time favourite film.
    They couldn't do any full body shots, meaning they had to dress him in black, film his face only and use body doubles. All due to him being a fat Kurtz.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast