+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Best chipper / worst chipper

re: O/T Best chipper / worst chipper

Best - Paul Lawrie

Worst - Culter chipper - 70's - mid 80's

Findlays in the Broch is the best.
    Nae exactly a chipper but I was at Ocean terminal in Edinburgh and had fish & Chips in a restaurant (which is no longer there)on the first floor and it was soggy (undercooked) batter and frozen fish which had a high water content. The mixture of water and soggy batter was one of the most repulsive things I have tasted and a sorry waste of a poor fish.

I had an Ashavle fae Gt Western Rd tonight to cheer maself up and it was affa fine.

The worst one used to be on Rosemount Place - it was f*cking sh*te. Its been done up now so maybe its improved.

Not so you would notice.
    Smallest fish in Aberdeen , all be it quite fine.
    Just ask for a tadpole supper.

The Bay (if you can get in the door) is fine or "The Cod father" chip van that goes about the wee villages.
    Worst chipper i ever had was in Aberfeldy, heading out towards the distillery on the left hand side. Truly minging, grease running through the paper and some dubious looking chips among said grease. Unsuprisingly got hurled for the local wildlife to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy_2_Stars
    Best - Paul Lawrie

Worst - Culter chipper - 70's - mid 80's
    Incidentally, Paul Lawrie is a regular in Low's chipper in Westhill, which is fine enough. Proper mannies' sportsman.

I grew up on the Byron Chipper many moons ago, is it still even there?

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred
    Findlays in the Broch is the best.
    Nae exactly a chipper but I was at Ocean terminal in Edinburgh and had fish & Chips in a restaurant (which is no longer there)on the first floor and it was soggy (undercooked) batter and frozen fish which had a high water content. The mixture of water and soggy batter was one of the most repulsive things I have tasted and a sorry waste of a poor fish.
    Lived in the capital for 9 years and decent chippers are hard to come by. Don't suppose the locals care much given that they murder the chips by soaking them in brown sauce. Globetrotter in Bruntsfield and Central on Teviot place are rare exceptions.

Always thought Mr. Chips in Mannofield was pretty good but I've heard others say bad things about it. Granted I haven't frequented in over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311
    I grew up on the Byron Chipper many moons ago, is it still even there?

Aye very good chipper used to stay in Brebner terrace so was real handy for the buc clan ..

That was back in the day but healthy diets became more of the norm and the chippers started to feel the pinch a bit. That and the rise of the Chinese takeaways during the 70s hurt the chippers even more choice I suppose isn't always a bad thing.

Best is Hass's on Holburn Street, although I'm nae as clued up on Aberdeen chippys as most of you will be

Worst I've had was The Ashvale at BoD, s**** cauld and 40 minutes late.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast