+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P45 time

re: P45 time

This was hard to take on what was a really soft pitch where players struggled to keep their feet . We dominated the game but Dumbarton scoring first gave them something to hang onto and they defended in depth to nick the win. Oliver is frustrating beyond belief . Full of endless effort - does some really skillful things - but often takes the wrong option at the business end and blasted countless shots over the bar. Was baffled that Fowler started Jacobs wide right but he cottoned on that it wasn't the right idea and changed it .Best for us were Millar and Marshall. Jordan is turning into a right good player . Just got to suck this up and try to prolong our season by taking fourth spot. PS the first goal looked offside Ito me but I may be wrong hopefully the TV cameras can confirm whether or not .

Wake up and smell the coffee some of you!!. There has been a ''knee jerk reaction'' for most of the season!!!!
    Lost good players yes but replaced them with players well below par for this level.

This season we have been UTTER DROSS to watch. Absolute garbage. Dull boring and completely disjointed in the vast majority of games.

Do we really give Fowler another contract and budget with the risk of more the same for next season? IMO no thanks

Queens were terrible 1st half today, looked shaky at the back ,and the midfield couldn't hold the ball or were getting caught in possession on numerous occasions. 2nd half was better but not enough composure on the ball and couldn't really break down the Dumbarton defence. Dumbarton had a game plan and it worked breaking quickly in numbers from the mid-field.But mistakes led to both of Dumbartons goals although Fleming finished well on both occasions.Only two players got pass marks from me Marshall and Millar who was unlucky not to score near the end, and drove the team forward the second half. Oliver what can you say about him, can't fault the guy for effort, but to think we actually paid a fee for him defies belief at the moment anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    Wake up and smell the coffee some of you!!. There has been a ''knee jerk reaction'' for most of the season!!!!
    Lost good players yes but replaced them with players well below par for this level.

This season we have been UTTER DROSS to watch. Absolute garbage. Dull boring and completely disjointed in the vast majority of games.

Do we really give Fowler another contract and budget with the risk of more the same for next season? IMO no thanks

I don't agree because I think we are not far away from having a good side and a managerial change would set us back to zero again in rebuilding terms .

I think we will need a rebuild in the summer whether he stays or goes..

It was always going to be difficult this season but I thought we'd see more decent performances than we have
    So far it's been very uninspiring and not good enough
    Mr Hewitson hasn't the balls the sack him IMO

Would be pointless sacking him at this stage in the season and in any case what would we be sacking him for? Not very exciting football and 3 early cup exits?
    We are not going to get relegated so its just a case of seeing out this season and the BOD deciding in the summer if Fower is worth another punt.

Another thing to note: Just about EVERY single game, we change the formation or move players around within the first 20 minutes. Why do we always go into games on the back foot? Does anyone from the management team actually do any homework on their opponents ???

About the ' changing formation' thing . My five year daughter could have told you that playing Jacobs wide right wasn't going to work and god knows why we started with a genuine winger ( Harris) on bench with Kyle in his position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)