+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Atdhe Nuhiu signing

Atdhe Nuhiu signing

Couple of months ago, I thought Ati was on his way out.
    The Ars*enal game.....Hooper just signed on loan - cracking goal from Lucas.
    Carlos took pains to stress Joao was a youngster..a work in progress...but I'm thinking..eh!..what!...just get the youngster onto the pitch, let's enjoy his talent before the fat chequebooks turn up. Lucas gets his senior Portuguese call up.
    Didn't seem likely Ati would survive JTW.

Since then, I've watched teams react to Lucas...contain him.

Meantime, Ati's stock has risen far as I'm concerned.
    From cheerio Ati - hello Lucas, I'm now thinking.....Ati continues to have an effect.

Surprised at a contract till 2018...but if we get to PL, Ati knows he's toast - and with the filthy lucre we'll be earning by that stage, why wouldn't we want to pay off the contract of a valuable and loyal SWFC player.

re: Atdhe Nuhiu signing

Very pleased with this...always liked him from the off despite his lack of goals, offers so much more than just that...need to sign up Hutch & Pudil now, also maybe Hooper if we can afford him.

Atdhe always gives 110% and loves the club and fans inside out...I reckon he's earned his contract extension bless him.

Exactly the same opinion as Bluestripe a couple of months ago.

Since then, he's come back into the side and worked his back side off for others. He isn't going to bag us loads of goals, but his presence does mean that other people benefit from it, e.g. Hooper.

Carlos got it spot on with Joao and he just needs to work on his physical game to become something special. As daft as it sounds, something like a three-month loan (if we bring another striker in) to a league one team would really benefit him.

He's one for next season, 100%.

When Joao started a game for first time, I thought....we're in for a treat.
    A bit of me also thought "it should be plain to Ati why Lucas was an obvious first choice...he'd understand why his own game time would be reducing"

But as you say Roth, credit to Carlos - everything he said around that time about Joao needing time....the value Ati still brought to the squad, has panned out.

That's a very interesting observation (Lucas going out on loan) if we brought another striker in. I agree its unusual.... but it could easily have a lot of merit.
    However in the same way I'd like Hooper to stay - cause he's now got used to us and the way we play - just wonder whether Lucas reintegrating after such a loan spell might cause any problems.

i've always liked nuhiu and cant understand the slagging he gets on owlstalk and elsewhere.
    he works his knackers off and is different to the other strikers we have.
    he is always a handfull for defenders and has a decent touch for a big man. if there is a problem with him playing its not him, its more that the defenders see him as an easy ball and just play the lazy lump it to the big man.
    i wouldn't loan out joao either as i see him being a big part of our season and usually makes a difference when he comes on from the bench and again is different from the other strikers. deffo one for next season but also a useful tool in carlos's *bleep*nal come the latter part of the season. for a young lad in his first season in england i think he's done exceptionally well

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)