+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night tipple

I was out for a few pints with my sisters other half at the weekend. Came home and he opened a bottle of this....

Described as one for the peat lovers. Smelled like burning plastic and tasted similar. I'll stick to the JD and coke.

Honestly don't see how anyone can like this.

Shoulda had one of these like me

Rock n roll

You're nae off the booze are you pacmin?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You're nae off the booze are you pacmin?
    Enforced as it is every other month.

Just means I have two beer club deliveries waiting when I get home as I usually get one just before I leave and one just before I come back

In fact I had one of these in Milan before the San Siro and its one of the best beers ive ever had and well worth a mention

Workpeice Chocolate Stout by Hammer Brewery(Italian)

Sh@t was awesome

I was out for a few pints with my sisters other half at the weekend. Came home and he opened a bottle of this....

Described as one for the peat lovers. Smelled like burning plastic and tasted similar. I'll stick to the JD and coke.

Honestly don't see how anyone can like this.
    Well...I was there the other day. Nice restaurant and they do a good deal on a tasting board. Super Nova is the smokiest whisky in the world. Actually very sweet. The standard Ardbeg isn't that great imo but I'd rather pour it into my eyeballs than drink JD.

Name:  Screenshot_20180424-165949-01.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  14.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Well...I was there the other day. Nice restaurant and they do a good deal on a tasting board. Super Nova is the smokiest whisky in the world. Actually very sweet. The standard Ardbeg isn't that great imo but I'd rather pour it into my eyeballs than drink JD.

Name:  Screenshot_20180424-165949-01.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  14.1 KB
    Were you fishing? I'm noting the rod in the photo, any luck?

You've got the UK bar drinks with a sh*tty little glass, not a drop more than the lawful measure, 2 ice-cubes and some flat draft coke out the scooshy thing.

Go to Spain and you get a proper big, round glass full of ice then the spirit of choice poured over until you say stop and a bottle of ice-cold pepsi to top up till your happy. That's the way it should be done. It makes the world of difference. UK bar drinks are atrocious.

Each to their own and all that but that burning plastic tasting stuff is just not for me. Probably all the buckie I had years ago has melted my taste buds.

Let's face it

The UK is atrocious

Were you fishing? I'm noting the rod in the photo, any luck?

You've got the UK bar drinks with a sh*tty little glass, not a drop more than the lawful measure, 2 ice-cubes and some flat draft coke out the scooshy thing.

Go to Spain and you get a proper big, round glass full of ice then the spirit of choice poured over until you say stop and a bottle of ice-cold pepsi to top up till your happy. That's the way it should be done. It makes the world of difference. UK bar drinks are atrocious.

Each to their own and all that but that burning plastic tasting stuff is just not for me. Probably all the buckie I had years ago has melted my taste buds.
    A great place to fish off Port Ellen, off on the boat along the coast where Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg are. You can see Norn Iron and Arran over Kintyre. The deer were swimming across the little islands and seals were on the rocks. If you are lucky you'll maybe spot some dolphins or basking sharks.

Anyway, JD is vile no matter where or how you serve it imo. I like a dark, non spiced rum with coke though and I agree that it's better elsewhere. Nothing better than a holiday cigarette and beer or wine outside a bar abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    A great place to fish off Port Ellen, off on the boat along the coast where Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg are. You can see Norn Iron and Arran over Kintyre. The deer were swimming across the little islands and seals were on the rocks. If you are lucky you'll maybe spot some dolphins or basking sharks.

Anyway, JD is vile no matter where or how you serve it imo. I like a dark, non spiced rum with coke though and I agree that it's better elsewhere. Nothing better than a holiday cigarette and beer or wine outside a bar abroad.
    Tabs seem better abroad too

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast