+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I like what Redfearn is trying to do"

"I like what Redfearn is trying to do"

Has been written quite a bit on here, without further explanation. Just wondered what people think he is trying to do, obviously keeping us up aside. What is the plan? Is it different from Evans? If so, why?

re: "I like what Redfearn is trying to do"

don't think even he knows

re:

Quote Originally Posted by gorky
    Has been written quite a bit on here, without further explanation. Just wondered what people think he is trying to do, obviously keeping us up aside. What is the plan? Is it different from Evans? If so, why?
    For me he's playing a better style of football and yes before anyone has a go it's all about results I get it.

I also believe he will in time bring down the age of the squad with hopefully making a profit on some.

Where has Evans was only interested in now I think NR will will look at the bigger picture in terms of the football we play and hopefully develop the youth academy.

His priority at the moment though is keeping us up which is why he's probably going for more experienced players which are older

If he's looking to build something more long term then you'd expect signings won't be going out a few months after arriving, you'd also expect the number of signings each window to decrease. In terms of the type of signings - the model so far has been very similar. Older players with a pedigree but on a downward spiral or young unproven prospects

re:

Yes I reckon he's been appointed to reduce the dependency on signing "journeymen" demanding high wages and to increase the number of players " coming through the ranks" which will be cheaper.

Short term for survival reasons we might see some signings that work against this but longer term I reckon the average age of the squad will drop.

Everybody to their own, but i think given time he'll do a good job..but with some of our lot..well asking for time is a bit much..im glad evans has gone..long term he wasnt the man..he did a great job but there was lots of luck in there..and you might say he had the backing..88 players..just a bit..at least the footballs better..lets just hope it works out..

re:

I think Redfearn is doing a sound job. It appears that at the moment he is recruiting players to do a job to ensure Championship survival and I have no problem with that because survival in this League is paramount. However if survival is achieved (and from what Ive seen recently I have no reason to believe it wont be) then I expect to see a more younger team built over the summer with money spent by the Board on the back of the new money coming into the Championship from the new TV deal.

Apart from panic signings Best & Kelly + if & when it happens Becchio yes I like what Redfearn is trying to do. He's trying to rid the club of Evan's failed signings. Belaid looks a good signing, hope Facey gets up to speed. Need 3 signings to give us a better chance of staying up, 2 in midfield + a striker. Hope we stop up & then Redfearn will have the full summer budget to up the quality of the squad.

re:

As with most things Rotherham United the fans themselves have to work out what's happening in the face of little or no substantive information from the club. This might well be a necessary act, especially where finances are concerned, but it inevitably leads to speculation - and speculation can often lead to wrong conclusions.

However, allowing myself a little surmising, it does seem that our position has shifted dramatically over the course of the last 9 or 10 months. SEs assertions about being here as long as he wants, money in the pot, quality ahead of quantity etc and before that million pound imports have all been ridiculed. TSs talk of pushing towards the top of the Championship and beyond have been exposed as dreams rather than attainable ambitions. And it does seem, despite his undoubted business acumen, despite our history of administration, that our Chairman could have kept a much firmer grip on resources - and a much firmer grip on Steve Evans. But we chased the dream - a

He's doing well. I loved Evans but the team he left us with this season was full of dross. Redfearn has got rid of every player we knew was a weak link and has turned us into a competitive side when it could have been a lot worse.

The only question mark is whether he has brought any quality in himself but (not dissimilar to, but even more extreme than Evans in the summer) it's hard to do much when you can only sign loans and freebies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast