+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I like what Redfearn is trying to do"

re:

Reduction in the average age of the squad has been mentioned a few times on this thread, without any real evidence of this happening thus far. We haven't heard anything about restructuring the youth set up and none of the youth team have been promoted to the first team squad (even Evans had Yates make a couple of appearances last season).

Redfearn has got rid of players that he doesn't like, and on the whole, players that nobody likes. He has recognised that the likes of Halford, Maguire, Buxton and Collins aren't good enough/are bad apples and has got rid and replaced/is replacing them. I agree with Andy, the type of player we are signing is similar to the previous regime. Incidentally, I wonder how big a role Gee played in recruitment for his brother? Bellaid looks quality and I wonder if it is a masterstroke from TS in keeping him on?

The style of play, which is a subjective discussion, for me is pretty similar to the latter part of last season - well organised, built on a sol

re: "I like what Redfearn is trying to do"

its difficult to judge redfearn at the minute ... he has the charisma of andy scott :/ we had the possession first half v qpr but played well ? did there stand in keeper have to make a save ?
    we seemed to huff and puff and hoof it forward ... but it seems no matter what he says his hands are tied monatry wise !!

it seems we have to be patient ... the hull and brighton games certainly gave him some breathing space ...
    fingers crossed.

the Yorkshire post is normally up to speed on club matters ... while its pushing the signing of m`cormack to Middlesbrough and Wednesday signing a marquee signing "Jordan rhodes" the news from

NY is we are to find new clubs for halford bowery and the maquire situation baffles perhaps we wont pay him up so he can go to oxford? then add buxton it makes you wonder what the feck is going on

as I thought .. the Maguire stand off is about money and rufc not wanting to part with it ... "another loan agreement could see them still paying some of Maguire’s salary and it may be they would prefer to see him off the wage bill completely". ? god only knows whats happening with buxton :/ the new schofield ?

you cant blame them ... if someone gives you a contract you should honour it !! its becoming embarrassing

re:

Thought I'd revive Gorky's post and add this from today's Yorkshire Post article.

“One of the most important signings that we had from the deadline was Chris Dawson. He puts a marker down.

“He is the beginning of what is going to be good. We are going to recruit top young players for our development group, and that will supplement our first team for years to come. It’s a process that I went through at Leeds United, developing young players and bringing them through.

“My remit when I first came in here was to make these players better, and stay in this division. If you look at it, we are still in with a good chance of staying in this division, and for me, the players are getting better." - view external link

my worry is end of season. If we do stay up redfearn will need plenty of signings to take us from fighting going down to mid table..

we will need 5/6 signings just to replace the loans. plus 5 more to replace the dross evans bought. then add 3/4 young players to develop.. he has plenty of work to do. is he the man?

4 appearances for Leeds in 4 years than released, all the hallmarks of an out standing signing.

re:

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic
    4 appearances for Leeds in 4 years than released, all the hallmarks of an out standing signing.
    Correct but let's not forget he's only 21 so time will tell

He's also only 5'6" tall so he's going to need a lot of ability to make an impact in the Championship because it's a very unforgiving division.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast