+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

If you try to hit a baseball pitched at the speed of light, there would be a massive nuclear explosion that would flatten the whole city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If you try to hit a baseball pitched at the speed of light, there would be a massive nuclear explosion that would flatten the whole city.
    Read it and find out pal

Give this a try, a cheapo for my kindle

David Priestland: "The Red Flag - The History of Communism".

A bit of a reinforcement of all the stereotypical received wisdon in the West (history is written by the victors and all that), and insanely taking the view that from 1789-1989 everything happening in international politics was in a vacuum with neither capitalism or anti-capitalism being given the credit for having to react to what the Red bstds or fascist bstds were up to.

He draws fine parallels between the content of Plato's Republic, Rousseau's writings and Marx and Engels's development of their theories, and the shift from viewing society through a sociological lens to that of the economist.

About 700 pages, so it'll still be my current read when those dull, arid, violent, anti-fitba wallopers The Masons come calling, giving me an alternative to the onfield 'entertainment' for a couple of hours.

Started this this morning. Paul Roland the author used to write for Kerrang before it turned into Kerrap , but he writes good history books too. This so far seems to be no different. First part is all about Hitler and his attitude to women growing up. He was a bit weird to say the least.

Carstairs was an interesting read too. Some stories fae the toon in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    David Priestland: "The Red Flag - The History of Communism".

A bit of a reinforcement of all the stereotypical received wisdon in the West (history is written by the victors and all that), and insanely taking the view that from 1789-1989 everything happening in international politics was in a vacuum with neither capitalism or anti-capitalism being given the credit for having to react to what the Red bstds or fascist bstds were up to.

He draws fine parallels between the content of Plato's Republic, Rousseau's writings and Marx and Engels's development of their theories, and the shift from viewing society through a sociological lens to that of the economist.

About 700 pages, so it'll still be my current read when those dull, arid, violent, anti-fitba wallopers The Masons come calling, giving me an alternative to the onfield 'entertainment' for a couple of hours.
    A hell of a read, but worth it.

Started this at dinner time. Good first chapter on Holland v Germany

Ive read his book on Ajax. That was decent so hoping for the same level of goodness here

Reading the Blade Artist just now. I really don't know why I bother with Irvine Welsh, I never enjoy them.

Nowhere near as bad as Maribou Stork Nightmares though, which is easily the worst book ever written

London: The Autobiography

Just as it says on the cover, accounts written at the time of various events, people and occupations.

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast