+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    London: The Autobiography

Just as it says on the cover, accounts written at the time of various events, people and occupations.
    Is it true if you pass goo you get a 200 quid? Has anyone mentioned it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is it true if you pass goo you get a 200 quid? Has anyone mentioned it?
    Naw, didn't get that far, only got to go to jail.

Finally got round to this. Kept it for flying home after this trip and nuked it over the two flights.

Not bad, read it in two sittings which is a sign of a decent read. An autobiography mixed in with his love of the Dons. I enjoyed

If you see this Ally, alot of similarties between us even though we are 10 year apart.

Spent alot of time in Newburgh as a youth, missed out on Scotland School boys at the last trial, Neil Simpson was a coach at one point(even though i think the guy is a *****), both Ellon Academy Alumni and of course we were both in a boy band.

Dont know if its because it was Kindle version but McKimmies name was spelt wrong every time."Stuart". Sack the Kindle man

Also you manage to mention Mr Dunbar in a published book. I laughed there. The amount of times he opened the fire doors from the hall into smokers alley and bellowed words to this effect "Mr Pacman, once again i catch you puffing away,those things are no good"

Anyway, good effort min

Docherty by William McIlvanney,

Life in a west coast minning town, set in the early 1900's. Quite a dark story so far.

Just bought Ally Begg's book, Kindle edition after reading Pac's review.

Quite an amusing read. A collection of tales spanning his rock journo at Sounds magazine career .

Accidentaly taking smack with Hanoi Rocks because he thought smack was brown and not white

Lords of Chaos - Robert Jordan. 6th book of the Wheel of Time series and I think I'm going to sack it. Just bored of the same structure to each book (good at the start, long stretches of journey/quest guff, and then a battle at the end).

Golden Hill - Francis Spufford. Found it a bit tough going at first but it's fair rattling along. All about a British stranger arriving in 17th century and the havoc that ensues. Much better than my appalling synopsis of the plot.

Recently read:-

Ardennes 1944 - Anthony Beever. Excellent.

Just finished Acid House by Irvine Welsh and now onto Filth.
    Funny as f4ck written by a man who has obviously been on the gear.
    I think I might re-read Ecstacy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Also you manage to mention Mr Dunbar in a published book. I laughed there. The amount of times he opened the fire doors from the hall into smokers alley and bellowed words to this effect "Mr Pacman, once again i catch you puffing away,those things are no good"

Anyway, good effort min
    Bloody hell. Took Pac Jnr n Mrs Pac out for lunch today and who did i see. Mr Dunbar, enjoying his retirement. Hadnt seen or heard of him for 17 years and ive read about him and seen him within a fortnight

Nae often i read fiction but just finished this. Had to read after his 100 year anniversary and the fact it was a favourite as a nipper

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast